Bucket List

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMAUSGP

Reaction score
Not sure if this thread will thrive or not. This particular week I am actually getting one of the things done that I have had on my bucket list for some time, hence the thought of the thread.

I don't want to rub anyone the wrong way and I am not suggesting this list for boastful purposes, but rather I thought it might be interesting to see what some others have on their list, possibly something I missed and shouldn't.:D

Your bucket list does not have to be definitive, long or short, they all count.

Things on your bucket list do not have to be expensive or rare. They could be as simple as a sunset somewhere you have always wanted to see or sunrise in Maine or Zurich or wherever.

The point is rather that some type of experience is worthy to make your list before you kick the bucket.

You can make your bucket list ten items long or shorter or longer it really doesn't matter. Hopefully your list will grow and change as you tick things off your bucket list.

Here's a starter list for me:

1 Spend a couple of nights at Giraffe Manor
2 Drive an Enzo
3 Dive the Great Barrier Reef
4 Break 200 MPH at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
5 Build a VR880
6 Visit the Himalayas
7 Visit Tazmania
8 Go on Safari in Africa
9 Visit Alaska
10 Camp out with friends in Peru
11 Do Mont Tremblant Experience

Some of these I have done already some are too be done, at least the list is real to me and doable under the right circumstances.:D

If this is a dumb thread, then it will die a quick death and drop down the forum list, actually I am okay with that too.

Good list! I'm with you on the 200mph thing, as I've only had the pleasure of going 185 while behind the wheel... I don't know if that extra 15mph would be all that meaningful, but seeing the speedo hit 200 would be pretty cool to me.

I think the thing I would like more than anything else would be to take a whole month off with no contact to most of the world and have TONE still be working just fine when I got back!

Rest of the list for now....

1. Turn a really quick lap at the Nurburgring
2. Go to the moon in my lifetime as a vacation destination
3. Meet the current president
4. Talk to former president Clinton about music
5. Interview Steven Colbert and then have him interview me
6. Interview Laurie Anderson
7. Interview Steve Jobs
8. Interview Prince
9. Sponsor a music festival, so I could get up on stage and
say, "Hello Portland, Are you ready to rock?"
10. Have a couple million people reading TONE
11. Set a world record at something
12. Have a resting heartbeat of 52 again!

Other than the moon trip, working on the rest of these, we'll see how the next 10 years play out!

Great idea for a thread1

1. I'll steal the seclusion idea from tonepub. I have always wanted to disappear into the freezing Alaskan wilderness for a few months. Maybe take one person.

2. Sit front row, center stage for the Phantom of the Opera.

3. Write a song.

4. Write a book.

5. Fly to Europe with a credit card, no plans, and a month to spare.

6. Sit on my front porch swing and smoke marijuana with the wife. lol I've never tried marijuana!

hmmm, this makes life seems so simple, doesn't it?

Dominick

Good thread! I'll add my list later, after a bit of reflection.

The Indy thing reminded me of the fastest I've ever driven, a rather benign 150 MPH.

This was during a test drive of a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, back in '90, when I was young and foolish. It was on a very lightly traveled two-lane road and we quickly ended up in a small town that I didn't even know existed!

I turned to the sales guy in the passenger seat and asked if we had missed the airport (where I was expecting to turn off), and he replied (stuttering), "Yeah...but I didn't want to tell you -- I was afraid you'd try to make the turn!" :eek::D

1. Turn a really quick lap at the Nurburgring

Funny, that's the very first thing I thought of when reading JMAUSGP's list!
Others in my bucket list include...
Drag racing a hopped up Hayabusa.
Riding a sport bike or driving a sports car in the Dolomites.
Touring more.
Watch my granddaughters grow up.
See rationality rise above religion and superstition. Like that will ever happen!
Drive a Ferrari 458 on a fast track.

Last edited:
I think I am way too young to even think about this thread because I've got nothing. lol

I think I am way too young to even think about this thread because I've got nothing. lol

Hocky,

You will know when it is time to do a bucket list.

It may be when someone close to you passes or it may just be that the thought of mortality lasts for more than a nano-second, it is different for everyone.

The key is too think of a bucket list with enough time to get it done, so in a way you can never be too young to have one........think about that for a second..........how's that for a heavy thought.

You see you almost never know when you are experiencing your last day;)

So far they are all good, but some of these are really GREAT........I hope you don't mind if it steal one or two or three...... of them for my own bucket list.

Selfishly, that is where I was going with this anyway.:D

My list:

- Eat at all of the 3-star restaurants in France
- Drink a Chateau Petrus
- Attend performances at the great concert halls in the world
- Acquire a pair of CLX

And who would be your equivalent? Britney Spears ?

Nope. But my ideal would be Miss Holly Golightly...

But she's gone.:(

Attachments

• audrey_hepburn2.jpg
    audrey_hepburn2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Play Pebble Beach
Play St. Andrews
Drink a Bottle of Sam Adams Utopias
Drink a Bottle of Screaming Eagle Cabernet
Drink a bottle a of Chateau Petrus
Ride my bike to Sturgis
See the Cleveland Browns with the Superbowl
Date hot asian twin sisters

In all this wishful thinking never lose sight of the fact that when you have your health you have everything.

I'm with Joe, I think it's great to have a list going, even if it's just in your head...

It's been a lot of fun over the last ten years, to check some things off!

I wish the Concorde was still flying, I always wanted to go NYC to London in 2 hrs! That would have been fun. My ex mother in law used to fly it quite a bit and she always ended up talking to musicians that she had no clue who they were.

She'd always say something at dinner, like "I just met the nicest man on my flight from London yesterday, his name was Eric Clapton..."

Crazy.

List:

1) A pair of fully restored Apogee Full Range loudspeakers and a room big enough to do them justice.

2) A really insane set of WE 212 based amps - in whatever configuration necessary to drive the FR well. Here's hoping there'd be enough WE 212s in the world to make this possible.

That'll do, really:) There's a few lucky enough to have 1). No one has 2). I'd feel pretty exclusive and very satisfied with that.

My list

1) Feel confident enough in my financial state so that my lovely wife can quit her job and open a bake shop.

2) live long enough to see the Buffalo Bills win a Superbowl ( I think this may be on Dave's list as well)

3) Turn a 1:28 lap at Road Atlanta in a street driven car ( 1:31) my best so far

4) Have Rich and I agree on something political :D:D

5) See Van Morrison perform at a small venue

6) find another meatball that tasted as good as my Grandmothers ( Noni)

Last edited:
Lost a friend of mine on Friday night when his car slid off of the jackstands and landed on top of him. I guess you're right, I need to start a list.

Back