Calling all Car Guys/Girls

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two year wait is finally down to the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Funny thing is that as it gets closer instead of the waiting being easier, it gets harder.:mad:

Funny thing is that as it gets closer instead of the waiting being easier, it gets harder.:mad:

Sometimes this forum seems as though its member's are in suspense. Suspense for others who are waiting to receive goodness.:rocker:

Lots of pics, please, Joe. Of the 458, not the CLXs!!!:D

BTW: good job it isn't being delivered by one of those US parcel delivery services;)

Are you getting the 458? If so, congratulations. Are you on Ferrari Chat?

Are you getting the 458? If so, congratulations. Are you on Ferrari Chat?

Yes and yes, have been for several years. Basically split time between F-cars, Vintage British bikes, Martin Logans, Golf, and a bunch of other stuff, including work, free time is definitely becoming a rare event:D

I am actually on my way to pick on a BMW 135i as a new daily beater. Will order some nice wheels/tires, intake, and a tune for it today. 400hp in a nice daily should be cool.

Congrats Hocky, so you can put a tune to it and pick up another 100 hp......wow that's impressive !

actually I'm old school (hell just old !).....I love cubic inches and natural aspiration.

I have those, too. With a side of nitrous. haha

Picking out this car was such a chore for me. Basically, I was searching for the best performance luxury around $30k on the used market. I drove them all multiple times and they all had their pluses and minus. The CTS has far and away the best interior, but is far and away the worst driver's car. The G37 had a good blend of features/luxury and performance, but still was not really a driver's car. The C350 is very nice and I love the styling, but the performance was mediocre. The 135/335 are far and away the best performers of the group, but I hate the interior. So boring and cheap (although I think the best build quality). etc etc. When it came down to it, I couldn't get away from the best performer of the group and ended up with a loaded minus nav 135. Being a DD, I went for an auto and paddle shifters as part of the sport package. They're not perfect, but pretty responsive and it downshifts quite well with them. The car is surprisingly strong in stock form and handles pretty damn well. I already went ahead and ordered a tune and intake today, so that should be good for about 340ish whp. That will make for a fun DD, I think. The car came with brand new snow tires on it, which is cool, but obviously I am not going to rock snow tires all year. I am on the hunt now for a set of wheels - probably end up with something like new m3 wheels in a graphite color and some nice summer tires. Just gotta make a final decision and find good fitment... will probably order them before the weekend is over. Overall, I am pretty stoked with the purchase so far. The car accelerates, brakes, and corners effortlessly. I ran it hard up some on ramps and what not a few times, and even on the snow tires it never felt loose and I didn't even realize I was speeding until I looked down to see double the speed limit.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Looks good ! actually I like the traditional 'five spoke'........you know what's interesting..... I remember thirty years ago (give or take) in the early days of the '3' series when the BMW aficianados said the 2002 was the car to have for the '3' was too big.....well fast forward thirty years, the '3' series has gotten somewhat bloated and we now have what alot of enthusiasts think is what 'should have been' .....for what is now the '1' series !

Good luck with the new ride ! I love black but on a DD even after it's cleaned up, five miles down the road it looks dirty !

Yea, black was not my first color choice, but these cars are tough to come by. I wasn't picky. Haha

Hocky,

Nice looking daily beater!...:).

I was very close to getting one myself for a DD.

Have had 3 M3's in the past but every since the cars have been Bangleized after the E46 body style, I havent been too interested.

But I drove both the 128 and 135 and both cars are great for the entry price...would much rather have the 1 series than the 3 series right now.

You get the sport model with paddle shifters?..once you have that hard to go back to regular manual.

Awesome car! For not too much money you can really upgrade your turbo so that you are pushing 500HP. BMW left a lot of room for horsepower gains with their turbos. Check this out...
http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/04/29/500hp-with-turbo-upgrade-kit-for-the-bmw-135i/

Yea, I won't ever be taking this beyond intake/tune/wheels. It is just a driver. I will use something else to go fast. haha :)

Hocky,

Nice looking daily beater!...:).

I was very close to getting one myself for a DD.

Have had 3 M3's in the past but every since the cars have been Bangleized after the E46 body style, I havent been too interested.

But I drove both the 128 and 135 and both cars are great for the entry price...would much rather have the 1 series than the 3 series right now.

You get the sport model with paddle shifters?..once you have that hard to go back to regular manual.

Yep, I was surprised at how well the paddle shifting worked - plenty responsive to have fun with. I am a manual guy all the way through, but for a daily application like this, being able to put it in drive will be nice.

Nice car ! I loved the 335i I drove. I have never driven a 1 series but I am sure it is great .

I got to drive a super fast turtle while in china last week look at those snow tires

Attachments

• IMG00314-20110226-2325.jpg
    IMG00314-20110226-2325.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
That turtle had traction control too Dave:ROFL:

Last edited:
Back