Calling all Car Guys/Girls

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo Joe, I'll tell you what I think when I finally get round to arranging this. Glad you had a good time.

Attachments

• redletter.jpg
    redletter.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 215
Joe, I am just curious. Have you taken any high performance driving courses? Have you tried the shifter carts? They are a blast.

Yeah, living in Indy, the so called Racing Capitol of the World, it is hard not to get in to racing.:D

I have been to Derek Daly's Formula Racing School where we got certified in open wheel formula atlantic cars, which are very cool by the way.

I have done shifter carts, regular carts and I have my own 1 1/4 mile track with 2 identically prepared 8 HP carts complete with roll cages and seat belts. Don't drive them as much as I did ten years ago. Kind of slowed down after crashing the cart, flipping 3 times and landing upside down on fire.:D

I have done roadrace motorcycling back in the day, still have 12 road bikes which I don't get to ride as much as I would like. I have 3 dirt bikes and about 4 mini-bikes. All of which we have raced around the property at one time or another. Again, as I get older, I am more likely to take the golf cart or the Kawasaki Mule out on the property than a dirt bike. Okay, I still like running the minibikes through the woods.:D

Oh, and I have done two Hooked On Driving schools and one LAPS performance driving school.

When I say the 458 is on a whole other level, I am not just talking car smack. I actually had an epiphany while driving the 458 at Mont Tremblant, I was driving the formula one track with the car between 8000 and 9500 RPM, and not for a few seconds but for more than a lap, I never let the revs drop and it was unlike anything I have ever experienced and that includes the formula atlantic cars. Really don't know how to explain it, it is kind of something that you need to do for your self, at least once.:D

We should schedule a track day to run at Putam together. :)

Yeah that would be fun, but I have to turn my 430 in soon so I won't be doing any more track days until the 458 comes in.:D

After driving the DBS for a few days, I can't imagine it keeping up with the Ferrari on the track, but definitely more versatile in town. I'm thinking I'd need both!

Fun stuff! Love the pics.

Someday I'll get around to an event like that.

Maybe when this fun new playground that is going up 6 miles from my home is completed: Atlanta Motorsports Park, which will host events like the one you describe.

Yeah, living in Indy, the so called Racing Capitol of the World, it is hard not to get in to racing.:D

I have been to Derek Daly's Formula Racing School where we got certified in open wheel formula atlantic cars, which are very cool by the way.

I have done shifter carts, regular carts and I have my own 1 1/4 mile track with 2 identically prepared 8 HP carts complete with roll cages and seat belts. Don't drive them as much as I did ten years ago. Kind of slowed down after crashing the cart, flipping 3 times and landing upside down on fire.:D

I have done roadrace motorcycling back in the day, still have 12 road bikes which I don't get to ride as much as I would like. I have 3 dirt bikes and about 4 mini-bikes. All of which we have raced around the property at one time or another. Again, as I get older, I am more likely to take the golf cart or the Kawasaki Mule out on the property than a dirt bike. Okay, I still like running the minibikes through the woods.:D

Oh, and I have done two Hooked On Driving schools and one LAPS performance driving school.

When I say the 458 is on a whole other level, I am not just talking car smack. I actually had an epiphany while driving the 458 at Mont Tremblant, I was driving the formula one track with the car between 8000 and 9500 RPM, and not for a few seconds but for more than a lap, I never let the revs drop and it was unlike anything I have ever experienced and that includes the formula atlantic cars. Really don't know how to explain it, it is kind of something that you need to do for your self, at least once.:D

Got me beat by a long shot. I only did a three day course at Bob Bondurant when they were at Sears Point, and about 6 or 7 days on shifter carts.

There was a fun spot about the 458 on Top Gear this week - you should check it out.

Now this is a 458 I could get into! One of my friends is getting his lambo tt combo done here and is going to try to take this car for a ride soon when he is there next.

ferrari458tt01.jpg

ferrari458tt02.jpg

ferrari458tt07.jpg

ferrari458tt06.jpg

ferrari458tt04.jpg

There are at least 3 Italias in Indy now, one red, one black, one silver, sounds kind of like the Mod Squad, doesn't it?:D

I got to see and drive the Challenge 458 last week. I am leaning toward that instead.:D

I got to see and drive the Challenge 458 last week. I am leaning toward that instead.:D

No no, you need the white one listed above. Way cooler and way faster. Pull the trigger and give me a call because I want to go playing. :)

While were talking cars I thought I'd share this link on 'Top Tier' gasolines, this topic came up for discussion on one of the auto forums that I'm on......

http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html

It still amazes me the folks that don't understand 'octane' !

No no, you need the white one listed above. Way cooler and way faster. Pull the trigger and give me a call because I want to go playing. :)

The only problem with the white one, is it is way warranty-less.

The Challenge car actaully looks better IMHO and it's got a full 3 year warranty, which comes in handy when you are beating the snot out of a car on a daily basis.:D

While were talking cars I thought I'd share this link on 'Top Tier' gasolines, this topic came up for discussion on one of the auto forums that I'm on......

http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html

It still amazes me the folks that don't understand 'octane' !

That's cause Octane comes from the Greek derivative of OCT which means dead and
Tane which is short for Tainte meaning dinosaur...........Okay, I just made that up, but you gotta admit I had some of you:D

Actually, I have had 7 red cars and all 7 were developed on Shell fuel which I ran exclusively while I had them, with the one exception being 110 to 118 racing gas, which made the track more fun.:D

Went to the Philly Car show last nite.......as usual it wasn't as good as NY, Detroit or LA but regardless I did fall in love with the Porsche 911 GT3'RS' as well as the Caymen 'S' (half the price of the former)

Went to the Philly Car show last nite.......as usual it wasn't as good as NY, Detroit or LA but regardless I did fall in love with the Porsche 911 GT3'RS' as well as the Caymen 'S' (half the price of the former)

Either of those would be an absolute blast to drive. Too bad the only place to really drive them well is on a racetrack. Out on a country road today, I hit a 100 in 3rd gear with my base Cayman, but fear of a ticket made me shut 'er down before hitting 4th. This thing has a top speed of 160 and it's the slowest Cayman out there!:D I absolutely love it!

Back