Big Planar Fan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audio-Man

Reaction score
Hello to all you ML, loyal fans,

Looking forward to reading the articles and postings.

Although being the original and current owner of the vintage CLS IIz for my 2 channel system, I am new new to this forum and look forward to gaining insights into the new ML offerings.

Cheers
Kevin F.

Welcome Kevin! Tell us about your journey with the CLS's. Would love to hear how you've enjoyed them over the years, what you're driving them with, what kind of music you like, etc.

Hi TomDac,

Martin Logan started early in my system and has flourished over time into a dedicated, conditioned and treated sound room, starting with home run A/C outlets. As far as equipment: PS Audio Balance A/C Conditioners, Sonic Frontiers Power2 Amp, Line2 Preamp, SFD-2 MXII DAC, Sony XA5400ES Transport. All of which have been customized and/ or upgraded beyond there options. Finally, speaker and balanced interconnects are Transparent Audio (Ultra Level) and Blue Circle for all A/C power cables.

Alone, the CLSIIz’s are outstanding (especially after bracing) and upgrading wiring to Kimber (Point to Point) with speed and slam, but to help on the lower end (without adding mud), they have been complement with 2 very quick JL Audio Fathom 10” subs. (Crossed at 35hz)

As far as musical taste... I will listen to almost everything... once, especially if it has been recorded well or with some type of quantity or discipline such as HDCD or SACD.

As for the "journey"... In the quest for "my" musical nirvana, IMO once the level of realistic payback is achieved, the questions and troubleshooting fall away and the focus becomes about; how the recording was done, type and location of microphones, artistic content or sound engineering techniques, and instruments used, etc. etc. If done well... nothing to do but travel. (into the sound)

Tried to keep it short... but it's the best I could do. After all, you asked :)
Thanks for your warm welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome, and thanks for sharing the details. Do post your system in the Member Systems sub-forum.

Latest posts

Back