Better Center Match for Electromotion ESL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osha7677

Reaction score
I have posted several question threads here lately, all with absolutely great and informative responses. Very nice community here. I will make this one short...

I currently have two Electromotion ESLs as my fronts, motion 4s for my sides, and a matinee center.

The user guide for the Electromotions has them paired with the C2 center. My understanding is that the matinee woofers are paper cone like the electromotions, but uses the older type electostat panel. Was thinking of upgrading to the motif to match the panel technology with the electromotions, but then I would have alumimum cones verses the paper cones of the ESLs.

So which do you guys think would be a better match? Matinee or Motif? I can grab a motif by spending a few hundred extra dollars and have no problem doing so if indeed they would be the better match. If the difference is negligible however I would probably just stick with the matinee.

Hola. The Motif is the second best center channel from ML line. Right now, you can get a very nice price on it, because there is a new Motif X model. Go for it, you won´t regret it! It has all the features that the new Martin Logan design has. The voices are very good defined, without any glare or lacking any pitch. I was a Motif user for some time, and now I have the Stage X. Happy listening!

Thanks for the reply. I am familar with the line-up of ML center channels. What I am wondering specificly though is will the motif match tonally better with electromotion ESLs verses the matinee I currently have here in the box. I have heard the matinee and motif sound almost exactly alike.

Hey thanks for the tip Roberto!

I think I found a Motif X new in the box for $1400. Think it is worth the extra $200 over the regular Motif?

Back