Best CD's & Tracks for Showing off Sound Stage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerneil

Reaction score
We all have our favorite "go-to" albums and CD's that we think sound best, but I would like to know - are there some very particular songs, tracks, or CD's that show off a Martin Logan's ability to present a sound stage?

I have done much in my room to optimize this characteristic of the ML's, so I would like to know what others think is the very best song to show this off.

Thanks and happy holidays. (I'm hoping Santa brings me some new gear this year.)

bikerneil

Yes, I have read that that thread, and love many of the suggested tracks. I am trying to focus on sound stage alone. Thanks Tom.

Pink Floyd DSOTM or wish you were here. I usually listen in 5.1 but the stereo recording is well done too. Depth, width, and you can really place the vocals/instruments.

Last edited:
We all have our favorite "go-to" albums and CD's that we think sound best, but I would like to know - are there some very particular songs, tracks, or CD's that show off a Martin Logan's ability to present a sound stage?

I have done much in my room to optimize this characteristic of the ML's, so I would like to know what others think is the very best song to show this off.

Thanks and happy holidays. (I'm hoping Santa brings me some new gear this year.)

bikerneil

Well Amused to Death comes to mind by Roger Waters. Also - opus 3 DSD showcase - recordings are special. In particular one called Black Beauty.

Stevie Ray Vaughan's 'Tin Pan Alley' from his second album, Couldn't Stand the Weather is a favourite of mine when we talk about sound stage. Intimate recording with a lot of air around the instruments and vocal. One of the best slow blues recordings ever.

http://www.gibson.com/news-lifestyle/features/en-us/stevie-ray-vaughan-tin-pan.aspx

Got it on LP, CD and as DSD. Prefer the vinyl. Could of course have something to do with my setup... :)

/Søren

Back