B&K and Vista's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cursed1

Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing Vista's. I currently own a B&K PT-3 preamp and 200.2 amp and haven't seen much talk of Martin Logan speakers and B&K product? I am considering purchasing another 200.2 and upgrading to a PT-5. Is there anyone else that is running a setup like this?

In addition I am considering purchasing a pair of Grotto's/Depth's or a single decent to match up with these speakers. Any input would be appreciated.

Cursed1,

I have the Vistas and the Depth i. That is a beautiful sounding combo! My amp is an Ayre V-5xe and a Cary SLP 98p for a preamp. Mostly using the Scheu Analog Cello Turntable for the source. Get it on!!!

Satch

I'm running a Ref 50 S2 on my system with a Sunfire amp and it sounds great. I sold the B&Ks at Tweeter and always liked them.

Cursed1,

I have the Vistas and the Depth i. That is a beautiful sounding combo! My amp is an Ayre V-5xe and a Cary SLP 98p for a preamp. Mostly using the Scheu Analog Cello Turntable for the source. Get it on!!!

Satch

Thanks for the input.

:welcome: The Chicago contingent continues to grow.

Cursed,
I run a B&K Reference 50 and Reference 200.5 with my Odysseys, Scripts, and Theater.

If it will drive the Odyseeys with 2 woofers, should have no problem driving the Vistas

I've used the B&K PT-3 Preamp before with a Krell amp and Aeon's. It was an excellent pre and the best available in that price range. I liked the one I had but wanted to upgrade to the PT-5 for the nicer blue lights and the ability to use balanced output cables for the main speakers.

I use a B&K Ref 50 with a Sunfire Cinema Grand II amp in my HT system and have been for 4 ears so far. The amp is a workhorse and the B&K is still holding its own.

I run Vistas with a Classé CA-101 and a Whise Profounder sub. Another great sounding combination. I use a Copland CTA-305 for pre.

I've used the B&K PT-3 Preamp before with a Krell amp and Aeon's. It was an excellent pre and the best available in that price range. I liked the one I had but wanted to upgrade to the PT-5 for the nicer blue lights and the ability to use balanced output cables for the main speakers.

I use a B&K Ref 50 with a Sunfire Cinema Grand II amp in my HT system and have been for 4 ears so far. The amp is a workhorse and the B&K is still holding its own.

I had a REF50 Series1 and 200.5 for my Klipsch HT setup. I have nothing but good things to say about the setup.

I am going for a dedicated 2 channel setup and am hoping I will be satisfied with what I currently own.

I thought I heard that B & K closed their doors.

GG

My local B&K dealer told me they were coming out with a new Ref 50 Pre-Pro model that supports the latest HDMI and decodes the Blu-Ray Hi-Rez Audio.

Back