Auditioned the Stage Today

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry you will have to forgive me I am burning the candle at both ends, I am still up since yesterday so I am a little slow right now. But what does a Martin Logan not using a ground and shielding on a power cord have to do with each other? Were you trying to make a point here?

You know what they say Tiberium, ignorance is bliss.

You do realize that every electronic device puts out its own electromagnetic field right?

You can go down to your local lowe’s or Home Depot and pick up a device for about $20.00 called a noise sniffer. This device is used to test a wall outlet for the percents of electricity. If you run the sniffer within 6” of your stock power cables (the same one you probably have your audio cables next too) the sniffer will light up like a Christmas tree.

Shielded power cables keeps the EMI in and RFI out. And limiting any interaction with your audio cables and system in general. But you know that right?

Here is how you replied to me so it sounds like you were the ass and wanted an argument!

Shielded cables will keep EMI and RFI out but these frequencies start at 150kHZ to 2GHz. How would frequencies this high affect audio quality?

At these ranges Zip3kx07 how do they effect an audio signal which operates at 20-20kHz? The only thing that these kind of signals will effect are high speed processors. You said that the ML power cords amplify the certain noises which will effect the rest of the system, now if the low voltage of the ML will do this I would hate to see what an amp or washer and dryer would do. I have asked a pile of questions and the best you can do is say I am trolling?!

Tiberium said:
At these ranges Zip3kx07 how do they effect an audio signal which operates at 20-20kHz? The only thing that these kind of signals will effect are high speed processors. You said that the ML power cords amplify the certain noises which will effect the rest of the system, now if the low voltage of the ML will do this I would hate to see what an amp or washer and dryer would do. I have asked a pile of questions and the best you can do is say I am trolling?!
First you say leave the Jibberish out now you want to bring it back in.

When did I ever say that? Quote it.

Alrighty I can do that.

A C7 power cable to an external transformer and a bazillion feet of 22guage cable to a coaxial DC jack equals crap!

If you run the sniffer within 6” of your stock power cables (the same one you probably have your audio cables next too) the sniffer will light up like a Christmas tree.

Shielded power cables keeps the EMI in and RFI out. And limiting any interaction with your audio cables and system in general.

How does an external and internal power device differ? You will either be able to power the panel or not, have you measured the external and internal power supplies to see if they are "different".

First you say leave the Jibberish out now you want to bring it back in.

Go run off to the Audio Asylum because I want to see what you bring back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back