Are SPIRES better than SUMMITS?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Rich , You just need to drink a fifth of OUZO and it all becomes clear!;)

Ouzo and Greek salads in Crete - that brings back memories...:puke:

The puke is for the Ouzo, not the Greek salad.

Of course I think the old Ascent/Descent combo blows the Summit and Spire away... for scale and depth of bass, but hey... that's not everything. But it is something.:)

Would love to here the Summit sat on the end of my amps... I reckon I'd like them much more that way than the demo I had of them with the Krell amp the precise model of which I never found out. Though actually, I'd like to try the Summit with the old FPB series (because they were so well rated)... not too interested in hearing them with the mid range Evos.

See - I will always give solid state a try - I don't ever deny it that:)!

Now all we need is a Spire review in English, from our good friend and colleague, Jeff! :)

/me checks tonepub.com to see if the Spire review has been posted yet...

Still workin on it. Have to get the CLX review in this issue, out on the 23rd first..

Unfortunately, we got a little backed up this fall. Literally, as the main bathroom failed and Jean and I spent way too much time getting it back in shape. What started as a "simple toilet replacement" ended up being a full bathroom remodel.

And my lovely Irish wife said "shut the hell up, I let you buy a Naim 555 AND a pair of CLX's this year, the least you can do is remodel the bathroom"

What could I say? But we will get caught up soon!

And my lovely Irish wife said "shut the hell up, I let you buy a Naim 555 AND a pair of CLX's this year, the least you can do is remodel the bathroom"

make sure you tell her that you didn't pay full retail though. That should help. :D:D

What could I say? But we will get caught up soon!

Ah. Being a married man myself (thankfully, without backed up toilet for now!), I fully understand. :)

Looking forward to reading it--and the next issue of Tone Audio!

Back