Are SPIRES better than SUMMITS?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One picture=1000 words

Attachments

• P1000078.jpg
    P1000078.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000081.jpg
    P1000081.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 241
  • P1000082.jpg
    P1000082.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 244
  • P1000083.jpg
    P1000083.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
one picture = 1000 words

Attachments

• P1000084.jpg
    P1000084.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 253
  • P1000085.jpg
    P1000085.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 241
  • P1000086.jpg
    P1000086.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
SPIRE ! (interior)

Attachments

• P1000101.jpg
    P1000101.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Pictures do not mean a thing.

Even though they look very similar,they may sound completely differant.To say one is better or worse is a subjective opinion at best.I prefer a speaker with a little more mid and lower bass.Does this mean that the Summit is better than the spire?The simple answer is no_One woofer or a differant crossover point will significantly alter the sound characteristic of the speaker.If you personally prefer one over the other,it is simply your opinion.Both are fine speakers and should be left at that.

spire ----

Attachments

• P1000097.jpg
    P1000097.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 238
  • P1000100.jpg
    P1000100.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Measurements:

Attachments

• spire17.jpg
    spire17.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 236
  • spire18.jpg
    spire18.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 236
  • spire19.jpg
    spire19.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 235
  • spire20.jpg
    spire20.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 237
  • spire21.jpg
    spire21.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 235

Attachments

• spire22.jpg
    spire22.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 231
  • spire23.jpg
    spire23.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 232
  • spire24.jpg
    spire24.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 234
While I am not sure completely as to what I'm looking at, I really like seeing the inside of the Spire.

I have an idea lets see who can pee the furthest :ROFL:

After living with Summit, Spire, Vantage and now the CLX for quite some time, the big difference is really between the Vantage and the Summit or Spire.

My room is a little more suited to the Summit, but could easily live happily ever after with either, especially with a Descent in the mix.

I still think the decision would come down to your room and associated gear...

In a small room, I'd still prefer the Vantage.

Glad those aren't my new speakers that got taken apart!

:)

I dislike threads like this. There is no "best or better" in this hobby. Is cable A better than cable B? So what if one speaker "measures better" than another. In that room it may have measured better but sound like a$$.

OK, off my soapbox.

Gordon

I dislike threads like this. There is no "best or better" in this hobby. Is cable A better than cable B? So what if one speaker "measures better" than another. In that room it may have measured better but sound like a$$.

OK, off my soapbox.

Gordon
Well said, Gordon! Take a bow ! :bowdown:

Now all we need is a Spire review in English, from our good friend and colleague, Jeff! :)

/me checks tonepub.com to see if the Spire review has been posted yet...

I dislike threads like this. There is no "best or better" in this hobby.

C'mon Gordon, you know that's not true. Of course, the more expensive one sounds better! :rolleyes::banghead:

Vassilis,

You would probably get a little less vitriol and sarcasm if you simply wrote a short paragraph or two about the differences you heard between the two speakers and maybe a description of the measurement differences and why they mean something to you. If you heard differences between the two speakers, that's great. Tell us what they were and why you think they showed that one speaker performed better in your opinion. But realize that this is just your opinion and others who heard the same thing might prefer the sound of the Spire.

Honestly, a declaration that the Summit is "better" than the Spire based on your review and your measurements, without any description of what you actually heard, just comes across as egotistical nonsense. And since these are some of your first posts on this forum, you haven't built up any credibility for us to take your opinions seriously. Also, a bunch of pictures of measurements without any description of what they mean is pretty useless on a site like this. A description of what the pictures are and what they mean to you would go a long way to establishing some credibility for your conclusions.

I know you linked to the review, but since 99% of the readers of this forum don't read Greek, that is pretty useless to us.

Back