ARC vs CJ

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin and Jeff, thanks for your replies to my question. Much appreciated.

From what I think and have heard so far, the CLX puts you in a dilemna - just what is the best amp for them? The limitations of each are going to be readily audible. Fortunately, you'll get to try more than almost anyone else... but hopefully you'll be able to get beyond the "quite good" rating to at least "good":D

On my scale, "quite good" is better than good. Personally, I think the ACT2/series 2 and Premier 350 are fantastic. I haven't heard the REF stuff yet with these speakers, but The BAT stuff is fantastic too, however if I were purchasing for my system, I'd probably go with a pair of VK-75's made into monoblocks if going the BAT route.

Interestingly enough I really like the Luxman 5990II as well, 30wpc class A. Has a few limitations though in ultimate loudness.

Just got some Bel Canto 500watt mono class D amps, so that should be interesting...

They are here for the long haul, so many amps will be tried..

If you really did like the Luxman, then the B-1000f might fit the bill with the extra juice available. The design might sound substantially different, though. But it is highly rated in Japan.

Any excuse for a pic:D

Attachments

• luxmanamp.jpg
    luxmanamp.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 145
Back