Anyone need old SL3 panels??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirolab

Reaction score
Hello Group,
I recently got new panels for my SL3's from ML... and now I'm wondering what to do with the old panels.
It seems a shame to toss them, when some DIY'er could maybe use the raw materials.
I have an ML shipping box for them, and I'm willing to almost "give" them away if you just cover the cost of shipping them to you (from L.A.).
Please post or DM me if you are interested in these panels.... they both still work OK, but suffer the typical efficiency problem of old panels.

..... Miro.

Mine were a bit of a bear to separate, so anyone facing DIY will have some work ahead. But someone with experience might be able to refurbish them.

Before you part with them, do consider that there are some artistic options, as 2 panels yield 4 stators that can be integrated into an acoustic treatment design like the one I designed with Monolith and SL3 panels, see this thread: Room treatments – part 2

HT Front3qtr view 2020.jpeg

BTW- If anyone is interested, I have one (1) brand new SL3 panel (in original ML Shipping box) plus a 'spare' SL3 which sits standing guard at the entrance to my HT now.
The ideal center channel match for an SL3 is another SL3.

SL3-Doorway.jpg

I hope you can find a way to work them into your decor, esp if you already have other ESLs.
A couple of years ago at Burning Amp I was boasting to Nelson Pass about my Ascenti and squeezing 20W of class A from his Adcom 5200, and he said that he had a huge roll of film for ESLs and that I should really meet one of his colleagues back at the shop and get together and rebuild some old MLs. And since ML rasied their prices for new panels, my sense is that if enough old panels in the Sequel/SL3/Ascent/Odyssey size could be collected (for the stators), then it might be worthwhile....?

Cool idea, but I've got enough acoustic treatments, and it wouldn't go with what I've got.
I'd rather donate them to someone who is building or re-building ESLs if possible.

Back