AMP ideas for the Aeon I

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregLett

Reaction score
I've been thinking allot about what amp to get. I need some ideas on a SS amp between 2 and 3K with at least 200W, new or used. I will exclude Rotel from
the list, I've already owned the 1080 and wish to go a different route.

Thanks in advance for you input.

I've been thinking allot about what amp to get. I need some ideas on a SS amp between 2 and 3K with at least 200W, new or used. I will exclude Rotel from
the list, I've already owned the 1080 and wish to go a different route.

Thanks in advance for you input.

Greg, if you're willing to consider an integrated, I had the Musical Fidelity-A5 and had very good results with it. It also had a faily decent amount of 'Current Peak to Peak" which logans love.

I would also look at Classe.

Tons of options in that price range, even more so if a used amp is in the cards. I paid $2k for my BAT. It really is going to depend on your tastes. You can get Krells for that much, something like a KAV-250a for less than $2k. But if you can afford $3k the doors will really open up as to what you can buy.

Tons of options in that price range, even more so if a used amp is in the cards. I paid $2k for my BAT. It really is going to depend on your tastes. You can get Krells for that much, something like a KAV-250a for less than $2k. But if you can afford $3k the doors will really open up as to what you can buy.

A Krell seems like overkill for Aeons :)

I know there is something to the "best components possible and then swap out ESLs later" philosophy. Just thinking out loud.

Greg, if you're willing to consider an integrated, I had the Musical Fidelity-A5 and had very good results with it. It also had a faily decent amount of 'Current Peak to Peak" which logans love.

I would also look at Classe.

No Integrated. I love my PrimaLuna Tube pre.:D for the moment anyway.

OK. I heard a Krell with the Vantage, liked the sound, so that is an option.
Which bat?

Pass Labs

Pass Labs
Pass Labs
Pass Labs

I'm a new convert. Amazing results with the X250 and they are in your price range on the used market. See my post in the Recommended Amplifiers section.

Pass Labs
Pass Labs
Pass Labs

I'm a new convert. Amazing results with the X250 and they are in your price range on the used market. See my post in the Recommended Amplifiers section.

ok
ok
ok:D

I will check that out Tom.

:D
there are a couple of us here who are using Pass Labs amps with our Logans and we LOVE THEM.

If it wasn't so damn heavy, I would put it in my bed and sleep with it at night!! :rocker:

:D
there are a couple of us here who are using Pass Labs amps with our Logans and we LOVE THEM.

If it wasn't so damn heavy, I would put it in my bed and sleep with it at night!! :rocker:
I've seen the amp out there, but never considered it. I know there are a lot of amps out there that I don't pay any attention to, so that's why I started this thread:D

Thanks for all the input so far my mellow ML members:rocker:
keep em coming. :D

Thanks for all the input so far my mellow ML members:rocker: keep em coming. :D
All the input so far: MF, Plinius, Classe, Pass Labs, Krell are all great suggestions for your purchase, and would drive your ML's very well.

Try as hard as you can to listen to as many as possible to find the sound signature which you like best. Also, no such thing as overkill for amplification!! :eek:

Dan

What do you guys think about Bryston, the 4BSST to be specific?
The dealer I purchased the ML's from has Classe and Bryston.
I can take either one or both home for an in home audition. I
just hate to do that and them buy it used:angel:

I can take either one or both home for an in home audition. I
just hate to do that and them buy it used:angel:

I bought my 9B SST from Steve of AudioVisions. He recommended it on the basis of compatibility with my Audio Research tube stuff. I use it for center and surround channels. I cannot detect any major flaw in the amp. You've got to audition one before shelling out the big green.

Greg, for what it's worth: bryston is a sound pro enginner's gear. In the real world, dropping a bryston on the ground from a 1 meter height will alter its sound less than placing a martini glass on top of a classe. You choose.

Greg, for what it's worth: bryston is a sound pro enginner's gear. In the real world, dropping a bryston on the ground from a 1 meter height will alter its sound less than placing a martini glass on top of a classe. You choose.

:think: :think:

I bought my 9B SST from Steve of AudioVisions. He recommended it on the basis of compatibility with my Audio Research tube stuff. I use it for center and surround channels. I cannot detect any major flaw in the amp. You've got to audition one before shelling out the big green.

That's where I would be able to audition them. But I don't want to do that and then not give him the business.

Back