Aerius today?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigaudiofanatic

Reaction score
I am toying with the notion of buying some new Ml speakers. I am just curious in today's ML products which model would be equal to the aerius and which would be a step up from them?

I am toying with the notion of buying some new Ml speakers. I am just curious in today's ML products which model would be equal to the aerius and which would be a step up from them?

The Aerius was replaced by the Aeon, which was replaced by the Aeon i, which was replaced by the Vista, which has now been replaced by the Theos (or Ethos?).

That should give you an idea of where it sits in the model line.

Adam,

Same panel dimensions?

GG

Not sure about specific specs.......but that's where they sit in the model line.

Panel size was [supposedly] thrown off by the introduction of the MicroPerf/Xstat panel introduced in the Vista. I say "supposedly" because to me - there is still no accounting for a larger panel, Xstat or not. A Prodigy sounds very different to a Summit.

Not sure about specific specs.......but that's where they sit in the model line.

Panel size was [supposedly] thrown off by the introduction of the MicroPerf/Xstat panel introduced in the Vista. I say "supposedly" because to me - there is still no accounting for a larger panel, Xstat or not. A Prodigy sounds very different to a Summit.

Thank you for the info, now if only I could afford those summits LOL.

I think I will be looking into the Ethos more and hope to have a pair by the end of this coming year.

Adam,

I think general consensus is bigger panel size means better, all other things being equal. Correct?

BAF, check out Audiogon for used Summit (legacy model) prices. Talk about a silly, stupid bargain.

GG

Adam,

I think general consensus is bigger panel size means better, all other things being equal. Correct?

BAF, check out Audiogon for used Summit (legacy model) prices. Talk about a silly, stupid bargain.

GG

General consensus? Yes.
Do I agree? Yes.

That's not the line from ML though - they say that the MicroPerf panels deliver greater effective panel area and thus a smaller Xstat panel will sound like a larger regular/legacy panel.

Tone Audio (Issue 36) did a review of the new Electro-Motion ESL and Martin Logan had also sent them a new, refurbed pair of Aerius for comparison. It's a very interesting read.

Bringing up a old thread, would I harm my audio quality by upgrading to a newer set but lower model? Such as the ElectroMotion or theos?

There was a shootout and the electro's beat the Aerius, the Theos would just smash them. Like me many here have taken advantage of the 2K for a pair of Vista's deal. If you think the Theos are worth double the price of the Vista then get those as they do have some lovely Zebra wood finishes

When I was getting back into Martin Logan, I was going to buy a legacy pair. I compared the older model with the new Theos and I was amazed! The Theos speakers were just so much more dynamic than the older models.

I listened to the Vista and the Vantage as well. I would have been very happy with either, but the Theos design (bigger panel?) had a significant edge for my larger room. Unfortunately for me, the Vantages weren't being heavily discounted at the time I bought the Theos. If the Vantage price had been lower, my decision to buy the Theos may not have been as black and white.

Last edited:
Back