aerius spikes?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.N.

Reaction score
my aerius i has the cone feet, but i want to change them for spikes, but i dont know where i'd get them from, or what size they are?
i am in the uk, so could anyone tell me where i'd aquire a set in good old blighty?
cheers for the replies :)

Get them online from the Martin Logan website, otherwise call the service department and get them to send them to you.

I actually bought 2- 4 packs of 2 piece black chrome spikes from Parts Express. They are Dayton Audio spikes, and look very good as well as being quite substantial. The 3 spikes of the Aerius were very unstable and I actually had an instance where my toddler (at the time) pulled herself up and the speaker came down on top of her. I plugged the rear hole with a bolt covered in some silicone and drilled 2 new holes for the new spikes.
It has really made a world of difference in the stability.
The Dayton Spikes were much cheaper than the ML spikes, come with all hardware and floor cups for hardwoods.
Good Luck on your search.

Last edited:
A.N. said:
cone feet....spikes
I'm confused, what's the difference between "cone feet" and "spikes"?

Please post a picture if you can.

kach22i said:
I'm confused, what's the difference between "cone feet" and "spikes"?

Please post a picture if you can.

well, spikes are, erm, spikes, and cones are, cones. :D

my aerius i feet are flat cones (discs) that screw into the bottom of the bases, not spikes.

A.N. said:
well, spikes are, erm, spikes, and cones are, cones. :D

my aerius i feet are flat cones (discs) that screw into the bottom of the bases, not spikes.

The furniture pads style feet are for temporary use only. They aid in room placement, that's it!

Every speaker (when purchase new) should come with two sets of feet, one a flat pad, another set of smaller metal spikes.

I think the latest speakers come with fatter inverted cone spikes, wider than than they used to be. More of a pine cone than a pine needle. The original Aerius speakers had what I call pine needles, but I upgraded to the latest M/L offerings a while ago.

Still some people feel the need to upgrade to the largest ones they can get on there.

Back