Aerius i side rails

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioquest

Reaction score
How do the side rails come off? I was thinking of trying a different color to accent the system. Thanks

I know this has been discussed before. Did you try a search to see if there's some info on this site? Also, if you do a search for 'panel washing' or something similar you should find some tips there because in order to wash the panels you need to remove the side rails.

I know some folks have taken them off with a few taps from a rubber mallet. Just tap very gently. It probably wouldn't hurt to contact Jim Powers at Martin Logan and get his opinion, but I am fairly certain that you would lay the speaker on the ground (on it's side) and with a few gentle taps from the rubber mallet (maybe put a towel in between the hammer and wood), the rails would will slide off.

Erik

........... but I am fairly certain that you would lay the speaker on the ground (on it's side) and with a few gentle taps from the rubber mallet (maybe put a towel in between the hammer and wood), the rails would will slide off.

Erik
You actually have to lay it down on its back, first ensuring it is supported so that the binding posts don't take the full weight of the speaker. When I took off the rails on my SL3 I first gently tapped them in one direction and nothing happened, so I tapped them in the other direction, and they came off easily.

Thanks both of you. I'll give that a try. They did sort of feel like they are maybe held on with a push in fastener of some sort and kind of wanted to come off, however I didn't want to break anything.

Like I said, to be on the safe side, a quick call or email to Jim Powers will clear up any confusion.

Back