Added a new rack!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknuds01

Reaction score
It's been nearly two years since my last upgrade (speaker spikes). I bought a new rack (VTI BL Series, Four shelf rack). It has cherry shelves for the components and silver spikes/caps.

I tried looking at Adona...and boy are those stands nice, but they are very expensive. I am wondering if I can add marble or granite slabs to this unit down the line. Of course, I need to make sure the welded pieces can handle the heavier slabs of granite.

What do you guys think?

Erik

Attachments

• IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 227
Looks good Erik, Question.....how much heat does your Sunfire amp give off ? you might want to consider giving it the greater space as opposed to your CDP.

That amp has always stayed very cool. I don't actively monitor the temperature of it though and maybe for movies or other kinds of source material, it could heat up a little. However, I've never walked near it and said, "man, that's warm."

I know what you are getting at - your amp (and maybe your tube amps) do give off a fair amount of heat.

Erik

I have the VTI BL-503. It's the same series as yours, but is (2) shelves wide by (2) shelves tall. I've had it about three years and really like it. It's nice that I can add up to (2) additional shelves.

Attachments

• bl503.jpg
    bl503.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 213
Looks good Erik, Question.....how much heat does your Sunfire amp give off ? you might want to consider giving it the greater space as opposed to your CDP.

Heh, those Sunfires run so cool, that amount of space is plenty. Mine have about as much clearance in their rack.

Eric, nice rack !

Hey that looks really nice. Affordable too. Can you fill the polls with sand/shot etc? How sturdy is the stand? Are the shelves real wood or some composite. Very sharp. I would pick the exact color combos you did.

Nice audio rack Erik. I have often considered a rack just like that one. Have fun and don't let 2 years pass by again before your next upgrade.:D

Glen

The VTI are a great value. Here is a pic from about a year ago. The only change is the CD-T100 has been replaced with a CD-T1500. It really does work great and looks good.

2chnl_living.jpg

Nice looking rack! It's quite similar to my Lovan soveriegn rack which is spiked and stackable as well.You could use symposium shelves on that rack. They amke a thin shefl called the svelte which is available on audiogon every so often.

I have a svelte under my cdp, but plan to get the symposium ultra shelf for that application in the future.www.symposiumusa.com

Wardsweb, nice set up, but if your stand is between your logans, it might be a great idea to reduce the rack height. I did this this year after reading about having a high rack of equipment between logans mucks up the sound. I am glad I reduced the rack height as these members were correct.My system pictures don't reflect the changes yet. I kept 2 teirs of racking in the center with the pre on the 1 st section and cdp on the 2nd. To the left of this is the amp on a single section and to the right is my conditioner on another single section.

Best thing was , it didn't cost a penny for the improved sound.
Cheers, Greg

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Looks great i need to spend a little and get a better rack for my components

you got me fired up now

Hey that looks really nice. Affordable too. Can you fill the polls with sand/shot etc? How sturdy is the stand? Are the shelves real wood or some composite. Very sharp. I would pick the exact color combos you did.

The shelves are medium density fiberboard (MDF) - not real wood.

I suppose it is possible to fill the posts with sand since the 'feet' are threaded.

Overall the build quality is decent. The stand is pretty light since the frame is likely aluminum (and mostly hollow for that matter). This unit is probably not as sturdy as as all [real] wood stand or something from Adona (they use granite shelves), but for a little over $200 this isn't a bad rack.

Erik

Back