AC receptacles

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the things that I really like about Blue Jeans Cable company, although I do not own any of their products, is the articles (and scathing legal responses) that Kurt writes.

Here is an excerpt from his essay called "Does Wire Matter ?":

"Absent some sort of known malfunction, there's very little reason to think that replacement of control or power cables will improve your system's performance at all. There have been a lot of strange claims made in recent years about power cords, and people paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for them; but the fact is that a power cord, so long as it's well-constructed and undamaged, correctly sized for the load, and driving a reasonably well-designed power supply, should make no difference whatsoever to the sound of your system. The same goes for these other non-signal cables. If they seem to be working, don't mess with them."

BJC does not even bother manufacturing AC power cables even though they are probably the easiest type of cable to build, and there is a market and profit potential with such a product. Kurt must strongly believe in his ideas on this matter to do such a thing. On the other hand, maybe he's smarter than we are and is trying to preserve his company's good name by not getting caught up in "cable voodoo". Who knows ??

This is something that audiophiles should consider before spending hundreds or thousands on AC cords.

~VDR

Last edited:
So I looked at Signal Cable and their offerings, particularly the Magic Power AC cord -- http://signalcable.com/magicpower.html

At 59 bucks a slam, my wife might actually not even notice if I scoop up a couple of these for the power amps. :D

HAS ANYONE TRIED THESE ?? Feedback much appreciated.
I use them for speakers and components. I did a post here on them against a PS Audio Lab II cable - $400 for 3ft. I also had some Volex cords - $15, and some stock cords. I liked the SC better than the Volex and stock cables, and found the SC to sound the same as the PS Audio cable. I have tried all of them on Amps, Pre's, Source, and Speakers for my testing.

But like any cable, each must try for themselves and make a decision. Frank also offers a return policy if you do not like them.

BTW, like all cables (IC, Speaker, Power), if you cannot hear a difference, then no need to worry about using anything but stock cables supplied with the components.

So I looked at Signal Cable . . .
HAS ANYONE TRIED THESE ?? Feedback much appreciated.

I use all Signal Cable Magic Power Cords in my system. I think they are incredible, especially considering the price. When I first put them on my Summits, I could not believe the increase in dynamics, clarity, and overall sound quality. I switched back to the stock power cords on my Summits recently as I was moving things around in my system and waiting for some new power cords to come from Signal. Once again, I was taken aback by the drop in sound quality. I couldn't listen to my system anymore until the new cords came in the mail.

Back