About to join the CLS Club!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbanger

Reaction score
I've been hunting for a minty pair of CLSes for many months and just came across a beautiful pair of one-owner IIZs with SoundAnchor stands practically in my own backyard. I heard them and they sound terrific so I'm scooping them up. I'm probably over paying a bit for them, but I really want them so I'll deal with it. I should have them today or tomorrow and I'll post some pics when I get them set up. I can't wait to hear them with my Plinius SA-103!

I've been hunting for a minty pair of CLSes for many months and just came across a beautiful pair of one-owner IIZs with SoundAnchor stands practically in my own backyard. I heard them and they sound terrific so I'm scooping them up. I'm probably over paying a bit for them, but I really want them so I'll deal with it. I should have them today or tomorrow and I'll post some pics when I get them set up. I can't wait to hear them with my Plinius SA-103!
You didn't say what they'll cost, but figure the Sound Anchors would've cost you roughly $650 shipped, and I've never seen them offered used (and worth every penny IMO)

You lucky guy. I'm kind of on the same quest, but haven't found that elusive pair yet. Good for you!

Congrats bigbanger !! I can tell you they will sound SUPERB with your "Plinny", for I have had the pleasure of listening to Dan's(DTB300) driven by his SA-102 and 'heaven on earth' comes to mind !!

As Neil said given the cost of the stands I'm sure you did very well in the $$ dept regardless, enjoy !!

Congrats on the purchase! I just found my pair 2 weeks ago. Where these the ones on E bay that were advertised at around 3k for the set ?

It will be fun as I am going through it right now. The placement is everything with these. However ; when you get them right they are magical. They are definitely a one person speaker. Meaning only you get the sweet spot . But BOY IS IT SWEET !:D

I will be doing stands soon . It does make a difference too.

For all you others do not shy away from the CLSI or II , especially if you have the amp to drive them . They actually had a bit better bass . You just need a stable to 1 ohm amp .

Last edited:
I just found my pair 2 weeks ago. Where these the ones on E bay that were advertised at around 3k for the set ?

Yes, those are the ones. Turns out the seller lives a couple of miles from me. Really nice guy, we had a lengthy listen the other night and I decided to buy. I didn't realize the SA stands were that costly. Maybe I didn't overpay after all :p

Congrats bigbanger !! I can tell you they will sound SUPERB with your "Plinny", for I have had the pleasure of listening to Dan's(DTB300) driven by his SA-102 and 'heaven on earth' comes to mind !!

As Neil said given the cost of the stands I'm sure you did very well in the $$ dept regardless, enjoy !!

Thanks for the congrats, appreciate it. Hopefully my setup will sound as close to 'heaven on earth' as Dan's :eek: Will keep you posted...

Back