Joined Yrs Ago

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cembros

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I joined this form years ago after I graduated college and was looking to upgrade my home theater system into something more “adult.” Martin Logan was always my dream speaker but much to my disappointment I just couldn’t afford them. Anyway, I ended up going to the Polk LSI series, a beautiful speaker that served me well. I’m finally in a position now to afford what I longed for all these years and sold of my Polks to order some electrostatic beauties. I am currently awaiting (should be another week or two) my cherry Theos and Motif X and couldn’t be more excited. I’ll be powering them with 3 Crown XLS2500 amps (yes, these are pro amps) connected to my Pioneer SC-05. I have two Sunfire HRS-12’s for subs and will be using Polk LSI7’s as my surrounds for now. I hope optimize what I have to the fullest so any help or suggestions in setting them up will be truly appreciated.

I am interested to hear how those XLS2500 amps work out for you. They're intriguing on paper for sure, especially if you believe that an amp operated within its limitations will have no significant sonic signature. ;-)

I still have the LSI'15 which I am using 1 amp with and it sounds wonderful. I previously had a Rotel RMB 1095 and tried an Emotiva XPA-3. The tweeter on the LSI's is difficult to push and with all the power I get from the Crown it is beautiful and extremely clean. Oh, and it's $200 less than the Emotiva (which I hated and quickly returned), twice the power and 1/5 the weight. It also never gets hot, not even warm so I've never heard the fan kick in. I HIGHLY recommend it. Oh, and it looks super cool. I just have 1 installed right now but when I stack 3 it's going to look like an industrial movie theater. Just for full disclosure, I was going to buy a Sunfire TGA-7401 but I heard the company might be in trouble so I stayed away.

Back