a change from ml.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, maybe so...I´ll get back on that next Thuesday when I have had my
private demo...

be in for a shock, the tempo's are imo, a much better speaker in all areas than the vista.
if i had the money, i would opt for the kronos, superb, and again imo, the best speaker on the planet!
still hanker after some summits tho! :)

Tempos vs Vista... very debateable. I do not think the Tempos have the coherence of the stats, but it is very musical.... almost like having your butt sit on cashmere.

In the end, both are good.

audio physic tempo...

hi there!

i really wanted to get myself a pair of Vantage, but i realized that they would not work under 50hz and 60hz the same way. which means i cannot take them to europe in a couple of months when i move from the usa.

the other brand that i liked very much listening to is ... audio physic ! i was stunned. they sounded wonderful, although i found the bass a little bit messy at times. so i may go for a pair of tempo, and i am looking for your advice on this.

do they go well with tube amps? how do they pair with cary amps in particular? i heard them with rogue audio amps. i was also wondering, maybe we are going to be off topic on this forum? (you can also email if you want)

cheers,

olivier

hi,
the tempo pares very well with tube amps, imo, more so than solid state. they can be a bit bright at the top end with solid state so i would avoid and go valve.
i havnt heard the ap's with cary or rogue audio, so cant comment, but they sound fantastic with tube technology, icon, and the eastern electric valve amps. as for the bass, never found it messy at all, and that goes for all the ap's i've heard, inc tempo jubilee, tempo 4, virgo's 2 and 3, padua.
to be on the safe side, audition, they are your ears after all ! :)

Code:
almost like having your butt sit on cashmere
:D :D

Mr Swede,

What happened with your audition? I remember seeing pics of the Vantage in your listening room, but I'm not sure if I read your comments about them. It seemed like you "joked" about selling your Tempos though, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing for the Vantages.

Joey

The ML I had home for audition was the Vistas an they performed very good,
and I have sold my Tempos, but not for a ML speaker, (this time), I went for the AP Scorpios.......

One concern I have in seeing your setup is the tube amp at the bottom of the rack, with not much space above, even though the front and rear are open. I like lots of space above my tube amps for heat dissipation..

Back