192KHZ or 96KHZ with Denon 3930CI and MF TriVista 21?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamo

Reaction score
I'm trying to set up the TriVista using the Denon 3930CI as the transport and am trying to figure out the best way to go when using my Odysseys. Does anyone know if the Denon uses a Sony output stage? I'm just trying to tweak the sound a bit and am not sure if the 96KHZ setting is the way to go or the 192KHZ setting.

I don't think there is an easy answer for this one. I've noticed through some critical listening that some Cds like Norah Jones sound best with the 192KHZ setting. But more digital instrument Cds like some of the tracks from Dido sound better at 96Khz. I'm guessing that SACDs will sound best straight into the Processors Source Direct Analog inputs bypassing the DAC all together and just turning off all video circuitry in the Denon (Denons source direct mode).

When given the choice go for the higher value. The reason some CD's may sound better at 96Khz is because the "ends" are not there.:eek: It is almost like they are rolled off a bit. Some CD's tend to be bright but that is the nature of the mastering and poorly I might add.

SACD is a different animal al together. I run mine through an analoge bypass on surround processor.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Do what is right for you and what sounds good to you. :D

Jeff:cool:

Thanks Jeff,
I appreciate your response. I have adjusted to output 192KHz. Now if Parasound will ever get their 2100s back in stock, I'll have a 2ch pre to connect it to instead of the 7.1 analog inputs of my Processor.

Back