New CLS Owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eckertdj

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been reading this site for quite a while and finally decided I should join. I have been in love with Martin Logans ever since the first time I heard them about 10 years ago and I just happen to live in Lawrence, Kansas. I bought a pair of Purities a little over a year ago and just recently took the plunge on a pair of CLS thanks to a deal I couldn't pass up!

I will post my system when I get around to taking some worth while pictures.

As a proud owner of newly acquired CLS...Welcome to the club within a club. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures and reading about your system. I'm always learning from other experienced ML owners on this site and have met some good friends locally and even nationally. Don't hesitate to chime in, ask questions or submits posts.

Welcome as well ! looking forward to hearing more about your setup

Picture of system in progress

I finally found the cable for my digital camera so I thought I would post a picture of my system.
CLS and Fresco speakers
McIntosh 2105 amplifier
Denon 3808 receiver/processor

I was going to post it under the systems forum, but I am moving soon and planning on making some changes so I thought I would wait. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• P5240012.JPG
    P5240012.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 282
Beautiful. Are them American cherry frames or Walnut ?

Beautiful. Are them American cherry frames or Walnut ?

I was told form the person I bought them from that they are mohaghany. He also said that he replaced the panels with CLSII panels. I don't know for certain if either of those things are possible, but I got a great price and they look and sound fantastic. The wood could probably stand to be refinished though, there are some scratches/imperfections from up close.

lookin' good........ is that Dewars on the rocks ??

Close, but I am a more of a bourbon guy than scotch. That would be Woodford Reserve on the rocks.

I'm a bourbon guy too, and that's one of my favorites.

Here's a big hearty
:welcome:
From another CLS owner who also loves the sound. Great looking setup, I wish I had as much room as you! Enjoy!

I like a good whiskey and have splurged on occasion with my favorite.

If you get a chance try this

and I really like your setup very nice

Attachments

• CrownRoyal-XR-lg.jpg
    CrownRoyal-XR-lg.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 232
Welcome aboard from another 'newbie'. Nice clean look to your setup-I dig it. Whatever changes you make,don't take that tapestry out of the mix..too cool!:cool:

I finally found the cable for my digital camera so I thought I would post a picture of my system.
CLS and Fresco speakers
McIntosh 2105 amplifier
Denon 3808 receiver/processor

I was going to post it under the systems forum, but I am moving soon and planning on making some changes so I thought I would wait. Let me know what you think.

Howdy, How do you like your McIntosh ? I think we both are having the same taste on our system. but i have not yet ready to team up my gears for picture posting. At the moment, i am using a DIY tube PreAmp pair with a 5-channel Carver premier A705x for 2 channel music. I use Pionner Elite SC-07 for HT, Cinema i center and Fresco i for rear. Dynamo sub. About the Puritys, they are sitting in my bedroom just for the moment. Thinking about selling them. I was almost bought a Mc275 new in box but gave up last minute. I also custom make DIY RCA interconnects and speaker cables. Order parts from around the world on ebay. It is fun though.

My CLS ii are in black Oak finish in original paint, very little scratches on the back of the wood panel, not visible in the front. I believed Panels are never replaced since the first owner far back in 1991. But the seller said speakers were stored in the storage room most of time. Until i connected them with the tube Pre and the Carver power Amp, using just a junk cd player for the music source. of course never stop changing the angle of speaker placement to the right point. At last, I found out that i have a private concert hall with a wide sound stage in my living room. What i am going to buy soon is a Krell KIDS for iPod dock and further ambition to build my first DIY tube Power amp to make a complete tube system. Will post them once everything is done.

It's funny that you quoted that part about me finding the cable for my digital camera, because I just lost my whole camera. Well, actually Southwest Airlines lost it when the lost my bag. Anyway, I love the McIntosh amp but I don't really have much to compare it to. And it haven't really taken the time to dial in the placement properly since I have moved, which am I pretty disappointed with myself about. And I am still on the fence about moving the puritys back to the main channel HT set up duties and separating the CLSes to dedicated two channel. But it's baseball season and most of my free time at night ends up dedicated to the Cardinals.

Howdy, How do you like your McIntosh ? I think we both are having the same taste on our system. but i have not yet ready to team up my gears for picture posting. At the moment, i am using a DIY tube PreAmp pair with a 5-channel Carver premier A705x for 2 channel music. I use Pionner Elite SC-07 for HT, Cinema i center and Fresco i for rear. Dynamo sub. About the Puritys, they are sitting in my bedroom just for the moment. Thinking about selling them. I was almost bought a Mc275 new in box but gave up last minute. I also custom make DIY RCA interconnects and speaker cables. Order parts from around the world on ebay. It is fun though.

My CLS ii are in black Oak finish in original paint, very little scratches on the back of the wood panel, not visible in the front. I believed Panels are never replaced since the first owner far back in 1991. But the seller said speakers were stored in the storage room most of time. Until i connected them with the tube Pre and the Carver power Amp, using just a junk cd player for the music source. of course never stop changing the angle of speaker placement to the right point. At last, I found out that i have a private concert hall with a wide sound stage in my living room. What i am going to buy soon is a Krell KIDS for iPod dock and further ambition to build my first DIY tube Power amp to make a complete tube system. Will post them once everything is done.[/QUO

You need an amp for your CLSs that can deliver more current than the Mac.I had a MAC 2205 that was totally incapable of driving my CLSs even when its meter showed an output of 400 watts per channel(+3 DB).Try a Behringer EP1500.

You need an amp for your CLSs that can deliver more current than the Mac.I had a MAC 2205 that was totally incapable of driving my CLSs even when its meter showed an output of 400 watts per channel(+3 DB).Try a Behringer EP1500.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Best joke I have heard in quite some time. Go back to the Crack...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back