The Trigger has been pulled. New amplification!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congradulations!

Tom,

A belated congradulations. :D

I am glad you choose the Pass Labs 250. It is a wonderful amplifier from all I have read about them. Nelson Pass is a true genius of a electrical designer. I have been lusting after the Pass XA-160, as Pass has really come-up with something terrific class "A" gear lately.

:) I am looking foreward to your indepth review.

:cheers: Enjoy and Happy listening.

Tom,

A belated congradulations. :D

I am glad you choose the Pass Labs 250. It is a wonderful amplifier from all I have read about them. Nelson Pass is a true genius of a electrical designer. I have been lusting after the Pass XA-160, as Pass has really come-up with something terrific class "A" gear lately.

:) I am looking foreward to your indepth review.

:cheers: Enjoy and Happy listening.

Robin-
go to the main page and at the bottom of the page there is equipment reviews. Tom has already done one.

Tom -- Now that you've run with it for a bit, what kind of heat is generated by the X250? One of the advantages I saw with the Sunfire pre-pro and amp is that they run pretty cool. The B&K that they replaced is an A-A/B amp like the X250, but it ran really hot (and was spec'd to do so). It was actually uncomfortable to the touch and had to be specially positioned and vented within its enclosed rack. On the other hand, it was about half the wattage at 8 ohms (150) and significantly less at 4 ohms (185).

Hey Ken,

see my review of the X250 in the Amplifiers section of the Recommended Equipment part of the site. I discuss the amp getting warm there.

I would not put this amp in any enclosed space.. It needs good ventilation. I'm not worried about it heating up my room, however, but it does get warm.

Tom.

Congratulations !

Hi Tom,

Congrats for your new acquisition ! It is one of the fun parts of our hobby, when we integrate a component that brings our system to a new level of enjoyment !

Happy listening,

Back