You knew I'd have to 'pay' for the MLs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG

Reaction score
Check out what the wife is now playing

Attachments

• DSC04217.jpg
    DSC04217.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 267
Check out what the wife is now playing

Check out my web site and you will see a medium oak finished version of the same thing being played by my wife at our old house. Built a new house but still have the awesome piano.

She used it tonight to help some folks with wedding plans...she will be playing for them so they were picking music! She is an AWEOMSE pianist...though she did miss a few notes at church today...very unusual for her!

http://home.austin.rr.com/jemorrison

Check out my web site and you will see a medium oak finished version of the same thing being played by my wife at our old house. Built a new house but still have the awesome piano.

She used it tonight to help some folks with wedding plans...she will be playing for them so they were picking music! She is an AWEOMSE pianist...though she did miss a few notes at church today...very unusual for her!

http://home.austin.rr.com/jemorrison

VERY cool web site... of course, I've read a few posts from you saying something like, "I need to hit the lottery"... well shoot... sell one of your dozen cars and you can afford the audio gear... :eek:

very cool piano !!

VERY cool web site... of course, I've read a few posts from you saying something like, "I need to hit the lottery"... well shoot... sell one of your dozen cars and you can afford the audio gear... :eek:

very cool piano !!

I was trying to sell one casually a year or two ago so I could buy an airplane, but I have kind of put that on hold for awhile. The cars are like my babies, I just can't bring myself to letting ANY of them go! I am a little OCD about stuff like that!

Next thing you know, you'll be wondering, is it her playing, or is that coming out of my ML's? :D

-capT

Good one :p

Actually, ML's ability to reproduce piano is what got me into the brand in the first place. I swear, if I had a Piano in that room, I'd be hard pressed to tell if I was outside the room which one it was.

Ocassionally I'll play a recording of my day playing his Steinway (or the concert halls) and I get massive flashbacks to when I was a kid.

I was trying to sell one casually a year or two ago so I could buy an airplane, but I have kind of put that on hold for awhile. The cars are like my babies, I just can't bring myself to letting ANY of them go! I am a little OCD about stuff like that!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 928 GTS but I've heard they aren't cheap to repair. I've always loved the 928 as a unique and special Porsche.

I'd have a hard time choosing between a 928 GTS and a BMW 850CSi ...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 928 GTS but I've heard they aren't cheap to repair. I've always loved the 928 as a unique and special Porsche.

I'd have a hard time choosing between a 928 GTS and a BMW 850CSi ...

The 850 would be WAY more to repair than the GTS (I have a friend who has sold both of his fun cars...one of each of those) and the GTS is CERTAINLY more sporting and better looking than an 850! Probably more expensive though.

If you get a good one and keep up w/ them they are not bad to maintain. I bet I have not spent $5k in 8 years and 18k miles on my '94 GTS. I have had the '92 GTS since summer '01 (it is the only 1992 GTS in the USA...I imported it from Germany in Y2K, the EPA and DOT work was done in '01) and I don't think I have even spent $1500 in the years and miles I have owned that car.

I have six 928's currently and have had 2 others as well, and I just LOVE THEM! I think the GTS's still look like BRAND NEW CARS...even today! You can find a nice '93 for about $30k to $35k and if it looks good on the outside people will still ask if it is the "new" Porsche. They are AWEOMSE and VERY FAST TOO! Fun on the race track as well!

All the best!
James

Good one :p

Actually, ML's ability to reproduce piano is what got me into the brand in the first place. I swear, if I had a Piano in that room, I'd be hard pressed to tell if I was outside the room which one it was.

Ocassionally I'll play a recording of my day playing his Steinway (or the concert halls) and I get massive flashbacks to when I was a kid.

what media did your dad use to record his playing? Tape?

what media did your dad use to record his playing? Tape?

It was tape and then in later years DAT. I have CD's of those performances. Not great recordings regardless of technology, but, at least to me, not the critical part.

If I want to hear the Rachmaninoff 2nd, then I'll spin the SACD of it. But I occasionally listen to my dad's version because I remember the expressive interpretation he gave it.

Latest posts

Back