Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After months of having the time top only listen to my Sonos on "shuffle" mode, I finally had the opportunity this morning to spin some vinyl. Started with Stanly Turrentine's classic "Up at Minton's". Keeping with a jazzy feel, I followed that with Melody Gardot's second effort "My One and Only Thrill". Finished off the set with Ben Harper's "Fight For Your Mind". Felt really good to actually "connect" with some music as opposed to having it on in the background!

Attachments

• DSC00124.jpg
    DSC00124.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 377
Ok I know it is not Sunday morning but I know I will be listening to this well into Sunday. Just got the Pink Floyd Discovery box set. So far I have been very happy with it. It is EQed up a bit louder than the MOFI stuff but I feel the bass hits and sounds better. Now I just need to figure out if I should get the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion set.

Attachments

• P9174194.jpg
    P9174194.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 350
Hugely relaxing after a night of hard partying with the boys...

Attachments

• 51FNPPQ6H4L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51FNPPQ6H4L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 334
My Sunday listening session...

I've ripped the red book format from this SACD/Hybrid CD to my music server and was just blown away how will it sounded. From memory it sounded as good if not better as it did when I played it with my Esoteric SACD player. This is one album you should have in your collection if you enjoy Jazz. :music:

Art_Pepper_Meets_The_Rythm_Section.jpg

I've ripped the red book format from this SACD/Hybrid CD to my music server and was just blown away how will it sounded. From memory it sounded as good if not better as it did when I played it with my Esoteric SACD player. This is one album you should have in your collection if you enjoy Jazz. :music:

George... gotta love this editorial snippet from Amazon regarding this recording...

"Art had just left jail, was out of practice, was fighting heroin addiction and found a problem with his sax mouthpiece just before this '57 session. The result? One of his all-time shining moments! "

Art Pepper - Meets The Rhythm Section

Thanks for sharing this. I checked it out. It's up there with Miles Davis - Kind of Blue for sure. And yes it sounds great. :music:

Steven Wilson ~ Grace For Drowning

If you like this you should check out Opeth - Heritage

opeth_heritage_400x400.jpg

Steve Wilson - Grace For Drowning, Opeth - Heritage, and an upcoming collaboration between Steve Wilson & Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) form a trilogy.

http://starsdie.com/wp/steven-wilson-on-opeths-new-album-and-a-trilogy-of-albums/

Totally not what most of you guys are into but this is what's waking me up today...

Psycroptic - The Inherited Repression
pr-psycroptic-album-cover.jpg

A song...

:rocker:

:devil:

Listening to some excellent New Orleans Jazz from: "Treme: Music From the HBO Original Series, Season 1". Very nice indeed! :p

Several of you will dig this latest from Steven Wilson:

Storm Corrosion

StormCorrosion_350x350min_1.jpg

This is a collaboration with Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) and delivers superb soundscapes.

It is quite different from what one might expect, it is more along the lines of the more experimental stuff on Grace for Drowning.

The BluRay version is the must-have edition.

As I posted in this new thread, Steven just keeps amazing us with his chops.

Back