What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Citay, "Little Kingdom". Excellent sonics, unique and enjoyable mix of synthesizers and mainstream instruments and voice. Excellent noise floor. Vinyl by Important Records.

Melodie Gardot / Currency of Man. Her latest. CD SQ quite good.

Bluesy, jazzy, great lyrics, highly recommended.

Cat Power "Jukebox"- Redbook, but up sampled to DSD in JRiver.

I'd forgotten what great album this is, and what a hypnotic voice Chan Marshall has. And she's a looker to boot.

BTW, sound quality on this is excellent!

Attachments

• 51AvLJ1U9fL.jpg
    51AvLJ1U9fL.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 33
  • CatPower2.jpg
    CatPower2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Yeah, I have that vinyl Tim. I really like it. Unfortunately, I also have her 2012 album, "Sun" and don't care for at all. I'm probably not hip enough for it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have that vinyl Tim. I really like it. Unfortunately, I also have her 2012 album, "Sun" and don't care for at all. I'm probably not hip enough for it.

I haven't listened to "Sun" Steve, but can recommend "The Greatest".

Now on to an ORG 45rpm reissue of Duke Ellington's, "Jazz Party In Stereo". I highly recommend this album for it's music content and for the incredible sonics and expansive soundstage, which extends well beyond the speakers.

Last edited:
Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington, "Recording Together for the First Time". This 33&1/3rpm vinyl reissue is superb, musically and sonically.

Starting the Stan Getz: "The 1953-54 Clef/Norgran Studio Sessions" from Mosaic Records. This 33&1/3 rpm four disk reissue was mastered by Kevin Gray and sourced from the original full track mono masters, except one song, which was transferred from a 78rpm pressing! Even though this music is mono, it is so well recorded that you'd swear sometimes it's a stereo recording. Beautiful sound and music! Since this is four disks at 33&1/3rpm, I won't finish it this listening session, as I will have to go swimming with the missus in a bit. Retirement, it can be so demanding!

Last edited:
Back