What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly Cole, "Temptation". Classic Records. Purchased this from Tim a few years back. At the time, I had a VPI Scout and I thought this vinyl was noisy. Ha! I must have had a misaligned cartridge, as it has a very quiet surface as played on my TTW.

The Vox Box Music of the Italian Baroque which cost an entire $2.99 in NM condition at the local Salvation Army

20150710_185543_zpssv2vyz32.jpg

This version of Houses of the Holy came with a companion disk of studio out takes or practice/alternate versions of the album's songs. I hadn't listened to them before, but glad I am now. It is surprising how much more jazzy "No Quarter" is and could have been in the final version. I think the sound quality of these out takes might even be better than the "proper" version. Who'da thunk? It's also interesting just to have a glimpse into the development process.

Just finished up my 1972 A&M Records vinyl of Cat Stevens, "Catch Bull At Four" and am now enjoying the classic original 1974 vinyl of "Eldorado", A Symphony by the Electric Light Orchestra. Both of these records, as old as they are, have almost nothing in the way of surface noise. Unreal.

The War On Drugs, "Lost In The Dream". Double record album put out by Secretly Canadian. I've listened to this album a few times over the last couple of months. Great album.

Extremely talented song writer and performer.

I agree. Funny timing, last night I listened to "Easy Tiger" and "Ashes and Fire" back to back. I need to get his new live album, recorded at Carnegie Hall I think?

Last edited:
Back