What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MumfordSons.jpg

Mumford & Sons isn't 100% my style but they got some good songs and the sound quality is quite good, better than most mainstream music these days.

Just arrived today.

Truly and seriously impressive sonically. Thanks!:)
Glad you liked it, Justin.:) Yup, the AQ is superb and the music lends itself to all manner of impressive soundstage shenanigans.

I'm in the minority here with this kind of music on this forum but whatever. :D

All Shall Perish - Awaken The Dreamers

front.jpg

I love this part of the first song... :music:

:rocker:

They Might Be Giants. FLOOD. Saw them a couple weeks ago at the Fillmore in San Francisco and they performed the entire Flood album backwards! Great show and "birdhouse" has been in my head ever since. :)

Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

And hello all! My first post here. :)

Genre: Americana

Laura Cantrell's "Humming by the Flowered Vine" is her third release from 2005 on the Matador Records label.

Laura has a unique voice that showcases her musical tastes. The disc is highlighted by my favorite track "Old Downtown".

Attachments

• Laura.jpg
    Laura.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 113
Genre: Americana

Carrie Rodriguez's first solo release from 2006 on the Back Porch label "Seven Angels on a Bicycle" highlights this multi-talented player and singer. Carrie plays fiddle, mandolin and 4 string tenor guitar. She plays an incredible show, as I've seen her live several times!

Attachments

• Carrie.jpg
    Carrie.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 108

Attachments

• 51Rvg8tLaBL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    51Rvg8tLaBL__SL500_AA280_.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 100
That was then

steveearle.jpg

This is now

JohnHiatt.jpg

If you are a John Hiatt fan this is a great album, very reflecting with his stamp of storytelling & with his sound of expression.

OK... it's December 1st... figured I could legally post this one now :)

I love everything about this CD. The pianist is phenominal - some of his tunes caress the soul (mummer's carol)... and the fusion of Ding Dong Merrily on High with Jesu Joy... just beautiful. Other peices are like dancing around a Christmas fire (hopefully not the Christmas tree itself that's burning) - filled with glee and excitement - others more introspective. Yet others... seems there's just no way a single pianist could play everything your ears drink in. And yet, it is - just him, Jeffrey Biegel. I'm a fan.

Sound quality is uperb... the Steinway in question sounds perfectly "grand"... medium mic distance, beautiful reverberation, long decay, rich luxurious tonality across all octaves... some, but not too much mechanical/pedal noise.

If you get this CD, I hope you like it as much as I do. Cheers and an early Merry Martin Logan Christmas to you :)

Attachments

• 41Mm7K41UXL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41Mm7K41UXL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 86
hello Frankie, the capitol years !!! There is nothing like the warm tube sound and martin logan cls2z and frankie ,Have great holiday everyone ,Harry ca

Back