HD DVD players... :(

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this TV 5 days a week. I sell them. I also sell Pioneer plasmas. LCD technology has come a long way, but 120hz using 3:2 pulldown is sad to watch. Local dimming is frustrating. Macroblocking is barely tolerable. LCDs at 52 or larger consume more energy than plasmas.

I sell these things, so obviously I don't push every customer to buy a plasma, its not for everybody. I have to meet the customer's needs and provide what's best for them and not what I personally think is the best. So I understand why some people would go LCD over Plasma.

But what I am saying is that we all own speakers that the average customer would deem "too big" and "impractical", but we have them anyway. Why? because you guys really appreciate high quality. All I was remarking was that I do not understand how if quality cannot be compromised for you guys, things like glare and power consumption are even an issue..

I second you on that. The Pioneer and Panny plasmas (especially the Elites!) are absolutely stellar in comparison to even the best LCDs (and that includes the new top notch 81 series Samsungs). I sell the TVs as well and watching them everyday makes me wonder why anyone would ever consider LCD. It also helps that I'm a photographer on the side and sometimes spend all day staring at a calibrated computer monitor finely tweaking white balance and sharpness.

In other words, chalk up another HD DVD and plasma owner here. Matched with the Logans it's hard to beat. No wonder my place is where the friends come over to watch movies.

Latest posts

Back