Yuck!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyc

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
The Tweeter delivery folks showed up today to deliver my new black ash Summits and took the well broken in natural cherry loaners back to the store for someone else to love. And I'd just finally gotten the loaners dialed in... These do not sound good straight out of the box-sent my wife shrieking to the video room! Break in hell for me again, folks... I'll post pics of the system if I can figure out how.

Woo hoo! Congrats!

Do you have a copy of the XLO burn-in disc? That (or a similar one) can speed up the process. We're eager to hear how they compare with your Apogees.

The Tweeter delivery folks showed up today to deliver my new black ash Summits, These do not sound good straight out of the box-sent my wife shrieking to the video room! Break in hell for me again, folks...

I only wish I had your problems!!!:rolleyes:
I'm green with envy.:D
Congratulations Tony :cheers:

Way to go Tonyc... they're not broken in... but they are yours... :cheers:

Give 'em at least 500 hours of break-in, and you'll be back in audio heaven.

They are sounding a bit less strident and thin this AM=hopefully the worst is behind me!

We're pulling for you, Tony! Mine have about 1000 hours (maybe I'm exaggerating, probably about 300 or so) on them now.... and they sound better and better each day... or is it that they just sound great, period. Ah, whatever.... just be glad you got Summits! :rocker:

The Tweeter delivery folks showed up today to deliver my new black ash Summits and took the well broken in natural cherry loaners back to the store for someone else to love. And I'd just finally gotten the loaners dialed in... These do not sound good straight out of the box-sent my wife shrieking to the video room! Break in hell for me again, folks... I'll post pics of the system if I can figure out how.

Hi,
One thing you can try is to place the two speakers face to face, and purposely wire ONE of them out of phase. This will have the effect of cancelling out most of the bass from the woofers. Now you can boost the volume a bit more, and leave them playing all day while you're at work, speeding up the break in process...:)

Peter

Back