Youtube sound / picture quality

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordonmenninger

Reaction score
I own both Google TV and Apple TV which are both hooked up to my HT system with Projector and ML's. My wife and I love watching concerts / music videos etc. I must say that the quality on Youtube on alot of the HD content is extremely good! Some is almost indistinguishable from the original blu ray version. Sound quality is also quite good with deep bass and pretty good dynamics.
Have you guys also been noticing this?

When i hear a new song I like, i will download the Youtube version into mp3 and load it on my Squeezebox at first. Then if I really like the song I buy the CD and rip it in ALAC.

Yes Geezer, I think so too. Youtube has just about any song you can imagine - and I have some crazy musica tastes! I use a free program called"DVDvideosoft Free Youtube to mp3 converter" and it converts to 320 kbit. Sound quality depends on original quality of the youtube video. It strips out the audio portion of the song and converts into mp3. You can also download the actual videos if you want to your iphonet etc. Pretty neat free software.

Then, of course, I will support the artist and buy the CD on amazon and rip it!:music:

I own both Google TV and Apple TV which are both hooked up to my HT system with Projector and ML's. My wife and I love watching concerts / music videos etc. I must say that the quality on Youtube on alot of the HD content is extremely good! Some is almost indistinguishable from the original blu ray version. Sound quality is also quite good with deep bass and pretty good dynamics.
Have you guys also been noticing this?

When i hear a new song I like, i will download the Youtube version into mp3 and load it on my Squeezebox at first. Then if I really like the song I buy the CD and rip it in ALAC.

When watching/playing YOUTUBE video clips on my Mac Mini and even through my Ipod Touch 4 both connected to my hifi I'm hearing a STARTINGLY realistic sound quality! After listening, my friends and family also agree so I'm definitely not imagining this. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

Dan, I totally agree as well! Some of the hd recordings / music videos and concerts sound incredible. Not sure how they do it!

Back