World's first full review of the Rega ISIS

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentlemen,

You never cease to amaze.

And what does all of this have to do with the original thread? :rolleyes:

Having said that, I still enjoy this site. There's a level of freedom and respect that I continue to find appealing in spite of Twitch. :D

Maybe I should become a motor head.

GG

You are probably correct that we are not going to see eye to eye here. Not intending to sound condescending (one can visit a Porsche site for a solid dose of that, BTW), but one does need to know how to drive a high-revving vehicle -- particularly the S. I must confess that I drive it far differently now than when new. Seems I had a bit to learn...

Nah, you just rev it hard. That's easy... but noisey, and clutch intensive.

It almost sounds as if your tastes in motoring pleasure may run more along the lines of more sedate, auto-shifting and generally less-involved cruising, as opposed to the visceral pleasures of actively carving twisty roadways. Just a possibility... Which of course is OK if that is what one prefers......

Nope. It's a stick shift, as you call 'em. But Americans don't drive stick shifts. You must be odd;) And I drive it fast - when it's safe to do so.

BTW, didja ever throw the S2000 into VTEC? If so, did you still think the S had "no power?"

It was along time ago, but I seem to remember it starting to take at about 6,500 revs and taking it up to around 9000. It does pull at those revs.

Of course it is... :haha1: :rolleyes: Actually, the 240 HP 4 Cyl in the S has won universal praise -- uh, present company excepted, obviously...

It's only good if you like lots of noise, lots of clutch work, and you make short journeys. Otherwise, it's a pain. When you're feeling aggressive or you want to vent some adrenaline, however, it is good fun.

Don't be so sensitive. I just said the engine lacked power without revs, which it does. You cannot deny it.

(Psssst - the back was slippy in the wet, too;)).

And what does all of this have to do with the original thread? :rolleyes:

tonepub made some kind of refrence to the Rega CDp and '01 Boxster and 'we' took it from there !! yeah, I suppose you're right Gordon, we can talk cars to death in the 'Off Topic' area, time to get this back to the rega CDP !!

Maybe I should become a motor head.GG

Somehow I don't think so........my guess is you don't know the difference between wrist pin and a cotter pin....:eek:

And this is exactly why I'm not into cars anymore...

Just like hifi, everyone thinks they have the best whatever and everything else is crap. And in the end it is a bunch of guys that will argue about .1 sec 0-60 times and .01g skidpad numbers when none of them can drive.

I can't drive either, but I don't claim to.

Personally, I think the 3 litre V6 in my Merc is a much better engine.
:wtf: :ROFL: That is just a ridiculous comment.

At least, more to my liking - put your foor down and it moves, and it's nice and smooth, too.

To paraphrase your comment (above): Nah, you just push your foot down on the accelerator. That's easy... if rather bland and uninvolved, joylessly moving from point A to point B...:rolleyes: Some of us still like to drive our cars...:rocker:

Nope. It's a stick shift, as you call 'em. But Americans don't drive stick shifts. You must be odd;) And I drive it fast - when it's safe to do so.

Good for you!

It's only good if you like lots of noise, lots of clutch work, and you make short journeys. Otherwise, it's a pain. When you're feeling aggressive or you want to vent some adrenaline, however, it is good fun.

Actually, I have found it quite comfortable, even on longer drives. Of course, I can still readily fit into the S. I find it odd that you would fault the S for the very things so many love about this car -- world class clutch and 6-Speed shifter, great top-down motoring pleasure, superb handling, etc, etc, and, uh, etc. And it has never caused me pain...

Don't be so sensitive. I just said the engine lacked power without revs, which it does. You cannot deny it.

This would be like me complaining that the "Merc" (btw, is this the one that Ford makes?;) J/K) doesn't corner as well as the S (but then, what would?), or that it is too large and heavy (as you say -- "You cannot deny it.") for my tastes / use. At least I understand that different automobiles have different target drivers and primary uses. As mentioned earlier, it is apparent that you do not "get" the S. Further, your bashings of this superb example of automotive machinery are well out of step with the overwhelming praise heaped on this car by virtually every automotive magazine in the world.

(Psssst - the back was slippy in the wet, too;)).

It appears that you are really, really obsessed with this issue. Much like one of our political parties here in the States, which seems to believe that simply repeating something often enough will make people believe it is true. I have addressed this at least twice already, but I suppose you are welcome to stick to your [quite incorrect] opinion if you choose...

Unfortunately, it appears that this has degenerated into a rather pointless exchange, inasmuch as many issues addressed continue to reappear. :( Just different autos for different tastes / uses. In any case, I think I am done here. We should get back on topic. :D

Look, Len, I just didn't like the car for the reasosn I have stated. Who gives a ^$%*^* what I think, anyway.

There is no right and wrong here. I don't like it, but I respect it for what it is. A high reving, out and out sports car with tough suspension, and cabin that's way to small for me (I'm 6'1.5"). I think it's brilliant for the right person... like you. You see, I am being nice about it. Because the compromises it has are great if you happen to like them. One things for sure, it ain't boring.

So enjoy it, like I'll enjoy mine because it has the set of compromises that suit me best, and everyone will be happy.

Vrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Look, Len, I just didn't like the car for the reasosn I have stated. Who gives a ^$%*^* what I think, anyway.

There is no right and wrong here. I don't like it, but I respect it for what it is. A high reving, out and out sports car with tough suspension, and cabin that's way to small for me (I'm 6'1.5"). I think it's brilliant for the right person... like you. You see, I am being nice about it. Because the compromises it has are great if you happen to like them. One things for sure, it ain't boring.

So enjoy it, like I'll enjoy mine because it has the set of compromises that suit me best, and everyone will be happy.

Vrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Well said...and Amen!

And this is exactly why I'm not into cars anymore...

Just like hifi, everyone thinks they have the best whatever and everything else is crap. And in the end it is a bunch of guys that will argue about .1 sec 0-60 times and .01g skidpad numbers when none of them can drive.

I can't drive either, but I don't claim to.

How true but not being able to drive a great car never stopped anybody from driving one greatly unless you count this guy in the Bugatti Veyron.

He obviously dedided he was a better captain than driver. :D:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJmB1F2mdE&feature=related

Justin,

Have you ever thought of re-doing your kitty cat, maybe add a black eye patch or put brass knuckles on his/her paws?:D

What are you saying Joe?

Maybe it's time to put the puddy tat to sleep... mind you - he must be fit. He's been punching non-stop here for ages...

But he IS a nice putty tat, really.

:devil:

Not saying much really.

Just thought it would be nice if the when the Putty Tat punched, if he had brass knuckles with PUTTY imprinted on them, then he would leave a Putty mark on the face of everyone he punched.

Keep up the discussions, I find them just about the most entertaining on the board. You seem to be able to get just about anyones goat.

My only real question is what are you doing with all those goats?:D:D

I'll throw in my 2 cents and run!

I personally witnessed a Honda S2000 "snap oversteer" itself on the I-134 freeway two days ago! I have to add that it was our first rain in So Cal quite awhile which had a contributing factor to it. ;) What was that comment earlier about the having the "right" tires? I've driven my cars on several tracks here in So Cal and nothing compares to riding a motorcycle on the same track. If we are all bragging, try doing 170mph on the front straight on your motorbike at California Speedway and then get back to me. Makes driving a car thru the same area seem easier?

I personally witnessed a Honda S2000 "snap oversteer" itself on the I-134 freeway two days ago! I have to add that it was our first rain in So Cal quite awhile which had a contributing factor to it. ;) What was that comment earlier about the having the "right" tires? I've driven my cars on several tracks here in So Cal and nothing compares to riding a motorcycle on the same track. If we are all bragging, try doing 170mph on the front straight on your motorbike at California Speedway and then get back to me. Makes driving a car thru the same area seem easier?

I can hit 173-174 on the backstraight at Road Atlanta in the old hot rod
its pretty fast coming down the hill wahooooooooo!!!

When you're feeling aggressive or you want to vent some adrenaline, however, it is good fun.
Justin, when you're feeling aggressive you should not be behind the wheel of a car. You should be listening to tunes and kicking back the port.

I can hit 173-174 on the backstraight at Road Atlanta in the old hot rod
its pretty fast coming down the hill wahooooooooo!!!

I'm sure you can relate at the "tunnel vision" one obtains at that speed.;) I would love to do that track someday. I think it was several years ago Mat Mladin crashed in the grass at about 130mph during an AMA motorcycle race?

I personally witnessed a Honda S2000 "snap oversteer" itself on the I-134 freeway two days ago! I have to add that it was our first rain in So Cal quite awhile which had a contributing factor to it. ;) What was that comment earlier about the having the "right" tires?

Yep -- absolutely should have appropriate tires for your expected conditions...and, uh -- use at least some restraint in not out-driving your skills and your vehicle...

Even the right tires and a great vehicle won't save one from crashing if engaging in stupid driving maneuvers...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back