Wish List to Martin Logan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes on the Pioneer but switched to my Jolida 302-B, which made the RF-7's tolerable.

point well taken, and I agree with you that alot of audiophiles get caught up in the "equipment " thing, I have too from time to time, it is afterall part of our hobby (pretending to chase the Holly Grail !!) but as good as the RF-7's performed for me on movies ( I still think Klipsch makes some of the best for the money HT speakers going) I just couldn't stand them for long listening sessions dedicated to music. I also believe as a general rule you have those that love horn loaded tweeters and those that don't, not too many in the middle !!

Agreed. And I too am looking to improve my system otherwise I would not be reading this forum. I just have to take a step back from time to time and actually remember what the end goal is, music. I hope to own some vantages soon and will probably obsess to some degree about the equipment that i pair them with but hopefully i will just enjoy them. This whacko hobby can make you lose your mind if you are not careful, i have often convinced myself that my current system is complete garbage based on others comments and then i listen to it and realize just the opposite. Bottom line some of you need help, ha-ha.

Simple! I want a line source pure stat that, like the old Acoustat 1's reach to the ceiling where they are braced. Freq response from 10Hz to 50kHz, 100dB efficiency and 110db output levels, and then I woke up.:D

Simple! I want a line source pure stat that, like the old Acoustat 1's reach to the ceiling where they are braced. Freq response from 10Hz to 50kHz, 100dB efficiency and 110db output levels, and then I woke up.:D
How did you like the sound of my single ended triode amp driving them, before you woke up?:rolleyes: :rocker:

I'm definatly no kid and I like rap. I'd like to suggest the following CD to those
youthful challenged members like myself. This is one of the few rap cd's in my collection and I love it.

:rocker: Us3 ~ Hand On The Torch:rocker:

I'm 35 ... It was a joke :)

I want panels which are small enough to play well in smaller rooms (say 7' between the speakers, 2' clearance on either side, 11' total), too, and have a flat response from 50Hz up (I'd settle for or 60Hz if need be). Full range is not required. The panels would be supported by dual active subs. The panels should not be too wide, see above, and about 6 feet tall. (That should help render vocalists with proper height.)

I could then get dual Vandersteen 2Wqs or, preferably, a pair of yet to be released ML subs which would work the same way as the Vandies.

These new speakers would also have a brand new name, and no "i" suffix!

They would accept either 110/120V or 220/240V at 60/50Hz. There is simply no excuse in this price bracket to not provide dual voltage. (Even the ICEpower 1000ASP amp supports dual voltage if the appropriate fuse is used.)

My Wish:

A speaker system with a panel the width of the Summit, but 5+ feet of ESL element height.

I’ll take it from there thanks … ;)

Or, if they want to save me some time, a nice companion Line array of 7” mid-bass drivers of equal height. A mini-Statement front pair. Active Crossover and EQ, of course.
Subs should be optional (my IB does quite nicely, thanks).

Latest posts

Back