Wish List to Martin Logan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Dear ML,

I really only have 1 wish....

I wish that you guys would develop a speaker that will trump the Summit as your new top of the line. I wish for it to be bigger than the Summit in terms of the stat panel and I wish for it to have three 10" woofers in each speaker ala Descent. I wish for it to also have something similar to Velodyne's SMS technology and flatten out bass response within a given listening room. Also, I want there to be about 6 or 7 low-midbass drivers alongside the panel in a line array much like on the Statement E2x.

And lastly, I wish for this to come out in a 3 years so that I am able to afford it then... and not a moment sooner because I'm poor right now.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Joey

PS
Dont go overboard with the price... please! :cheers:

Your wish is crazy :p

Audio should be seamless Joey! We need a ESL panel that has flat response from 25hz to 30khz! No added woofers needed!

My ML Wish list.

What's your wish for ML?
Joey, or should I say ML Company in Lawrance, Kansas,

I would like just what Joey "The Kid" asked for, call it a Super-Summit and / or a Mini-Statement or a ML Mini-Me... I would only make one small adjustment to what our "Kid" stated earlier ;) , which is ~ an Xstat - electrostatic pannel that is at least twice as wide and about 4 - 6 inches taller... :p I like our "Kid's" inspired idea of six, 10" woofers and twelve to fourteen mid-bass drivers in a line aray configuragtions. I would pay 20K -30K for such ML speakers. Please just let me know when I can pre-order. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all those hard working ML speaker elves at the ML Plant, in Lawrance, Kansas... :D We Love you all... :D

I know this thread was not meant to be 100% serious but this type of thinking illustrates the madness of this hobby. I am buying a pair of Vantages because I like the electrostatic sound but i am actually quite happy with my RF-7s. I do think the unique nature of stats can create a very special listening experience however my primary interest is in music, not gear. I find this forum to be very informative but also feel that some are missing the point, you should listen to music not gear. You can make yourself go crazy with all of the tweaks and upgrades, listen to Bob Marley. "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" The obsessivne nature of audiophilia is to me painful.

I know this thread was not meant to be 100% serious but this type of thinking illustrates the madness of this hobby. I am buying a pair of Vantages because I like the electrostatic sound but i am actually quite happy with my RF-7s. I do think the unique nature of stats can create a very special listening experience however my primary interest is in music, not gear. I find this forum to be very informative but also feel that some are missing the point, you should listen to music not gear. You can make yourself go crazy with all of the tweaks and upgrades, listen to Bob Marley. "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" The obsessivne nature of audiophilia is to me painful.

Oh we listen to the music alright.... atleast I do.

I'm studying here for my exam tomorrow and I have Nat King Cole playing Townhouse Serenade... oh yeah....

I admit, I am certainly a gear head... but music is something I take very seriously... and with my Summits, I can get pretty close to what I think is perfect. Now.. if only ML grants my wish and comes out with the Super Summits!

:band:

Joey

Trust me my friend, now having owned Vantage's for over a year I'm listening to "the music" indeed ! For I too owned a pair of RF-7's and unless you drove them with tubes I have no idea how you could stand them, assuming your listening to real music and not some hop hop , rip rap or whatever !!!!

Trust me my friend, now having owned Vantage's for over a year I'm listening to "the music" indeed ! For I too owned a pair of RF-7's and unless you drove them with tubes I have no idea how you could stand them, assuming your listening to real music and not some hop hop , rip rap or whatever !!!!

I like rip rap... :rocker: .

What's your wish for ML? ;)
I want a panel only or hybrid, don't really care there, that's flat from 10hz to 30khz, 110db SPL @ 1w/1m, A-weighted, so I can use a 15 watt / channel single ended triode amp!
And I want ML to break into the car audio market. The only frustration I've encountered since getting my Sequels is I've got to put up with my car's conventional drivers!

As far as re-designing Summits is concerned, ML has stated that the panel in the Summit actually has more area than the panel in the Prodigy. I don't know about you, but I can get my Summits to play REALLY LOUD. We're not speaker designers. Let's leave that to the professionals at ML and see what they come up with in the future.

As far as re-designing Summits is concerned, ML has stated that the panel in the Summit actually has more area than the panel in the Prodigy. I don't know about you, but I can get my Summits to play REALLY LOUD. We're not speaker designers. Let's leave that to the professionals at ML and see what they come up with in the future.

Heck my Sequel IIs play plenty loud :cheers:

No tubes, but good quality SS, were you a pioneer receiver to drive yours? I really like the ML sound and will hopefully have some Vantages soon but do feel that MLs are more limited in the type of music they can play than most speakers. I also feel that many are more interested in the gear than the music. I don't listen to rap, i listen to primarily rock and folk but the RF-7s can handle any type of music. I have compared, (although not directly) many songs on my RF-7s vs the Vantage and the Vantage does not always win. Ben harper is a good example, some of his songs have a funk beat to them and sound better on my RF-7s, some are more vocal and acoustic guitar and sound better on the Vantage. The point of my post is that I am interested in good music not a never ending string of audio purchases. I think that people who own $10K speakers but are never satisfied are missing the point. Music is end goal and not merely a means to test gear.

Damn "kids" and their rap music!

I'm definatly no kid and I like rap. I'd like to suggest the following CD to those
youthful challenged members like myself. This is one of the few rap cd's in my collection and I love it.

:rocker: Us3 ~ Hand On The Torch:rocker:

Attachments

• 1088746728.jpg
    1088746728.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 138
I wish ML would make and sell me some Piano Black rails for my Prodigy and Ascent for a REASONALBE price! I looked into this off and on over the last 5 years or so and they always wanted $750+ for them and that was just a bit much in my view. Now that I see that they have other rails on clearance for $350 or less, I guess $750 WAS to much! Still wish they would sell me some for $450 or less...I would then have all my speakers a nice Piano black!

No tubes, but good quality SS, were you a pioneer receiver to drive yours?

the point of my post is that I am interested in good music not a never ending string of audio purchases. I think that people who own $10K speakers but are never satisfied are missing the point. Music is end goal and not merely a means to test gear.

Yes on the Pioneer but switched to my Jolida 302-B, which made the RF-7's tolerable.

point well taken, and I agree with you that alot of audiophiles get caught up in the "equipment " thing, I have too from time to time, it is afterall part of our hobby (pretending to chase the Holly Grail !!) but as good as the RF-7's performed for me on movies ( I still think Klipsch makes some of the best for the money HT speakers going) I just couldn't stand them for long listening sessions dedicated to music. I also believe as a general rule you have those that love horn loaded tweeters and those that don't, not too many in the middle !!

Last edited:
Back