Why We Love Mono Block Amplifiers So Much?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niro Nakamichi Mono-block Lovelies...

:p These are not home space heaters..., they are Japanese made mono-blocks of unusually cool design... I likey...:banana:

Attachments

• Niro Nakamichi - monoblocks.jpg
    Niro Nakamichi - monoblocks.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,429
Marvelous MSB Technology Mono-Blocks....

OK these are MSB Technologies Platinium M200 mono-blocks "supercalifragilisticzbealidous" incredible looking amplifiers.... :wow: :banana: :banana:

Attachments

• MSB Technology Platinum M200.jpg
    MSB Technology Platinum M200.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,149
Some More Magnificent McIntosh MC1201 Mono-Blocks...

:wow: :wow: Yes, yes these Mc's are power houses, 1200 watts per channel. "A" weighted, Push Pull amplifier is a classic... :cheers: :drool:

Attachments

• McIntosh 1201 Mono-Blocks - 1200 Watt of Power.jpg
    McIntosh 1201 Mono-Blocks - 1200 Watt of Power.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,511
Cool Accustic Arts Amp II....

Class A/B mono-block, German made quality craftsmanship in mono-block amplifiers... :D

Attachments

• Accustic Arts AmpII.jpg
    Accustic Arts AmpII.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 940
Amazing... MBL 9011 ~ Mono - Stereo Block Amplifiers...

:wow: The top of the MBL amplifier line-up... Over three feet long - Huge Amp... :banana: The Bad and The Beautiful... :drool:

Attachments

• MBL 9011 -  Mono - Stereo Block Amp..jpg
    MBL 9011 - Mono - Stereo Block Amp..jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,151
  • MBL 9011 - Mono-Block Amp..jpg
    MBL 9011 - Mono-Block Amp..jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,053
The Beautiful ~ MBL 9008 Mono - Stereo Amp...

:D For the more economically minded audiophile on a budget... :D The MBL 9008 amplifier... :p

Attachments

• MBL 9008 - Mono - Stereo Amp..jpg
    MBL 9008 - Mono - Stereo Amp..jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 954
The "Little" MBL 9007 ~ Marvelous...

:) If your budget is smaller still, their is the MBL 9007 amplifier beauty...:D

Attachments

• MBL 9007 - Mono - Stereo Amp..jpg
    MBL 9007 - Mono - Stereo Amp..jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 936
  • MBL 9007 - Back View.jpg
    MBL 9007 - Back View.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 986

I have heard these and they are very good. They were on my short list along with the 9008s. I still perfered the smoothness of the Pass Labs.

MBL 9007's vs. Pass Labs

I have heard these and they are very good. They were on my short list along with the 9008s. I still perfered the smoothness of the Pass Labs.
Diamonds,

It is good to know that Pass Labs was smoother than the MBL 9007 amplifier... ;) Thanks for sharing, as I have not heard the MBL 9007 or Pass Labs amplifiers - as of yet... :eek:

The Beautiful ~ Bel Canto e.One S300 Amplifier...

This is a much well reviewed mono / stereo amplifier for it's wonderfully touted musical sound... :musicnote:

Attachments

• Bel Canto e.One S300 - Stereo Amp.jpg
    Bel Canto e.One S300 - Stereo Amp.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 551
  • Bel Canto e.One S300 Amp - Inside.jpg
    Bel Canto e.One S300 Amp - Inside.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 631
This is a much well reviewed mono / stereo amplifier for it's wonderfully touted musical sound... :musicnote:

Hi,
Looking at the specs for this amp, it uses the ICEpower modules that Martin Logan does in it's powered speakers (Vantage, Summit). Bel Canto is running them full bandwidth, instead of just low frequencies for the woofer.

Peter

Bel Canto e.One S300 Amp.

Hi,
Looking at the specs for this amp, it uses the ICEpower modules that Martin Logan does in it's powered speakers (Vantage, Summit). Bel Canto is running them full bandwidth, instead of just low frequencies for the woofer.

Peter
Peter,

6moons ~ review of this particular amp. was just glowingly great. I guess the ICEpower modules are proving to be wonderful sounding when running in full bandwidth, as you say... Thanks for the additional information.... :D

:wow: The top of the MBL amplifier line-up... Over three feet long - Huge Amp... :banana: The Bad and The Beautiful... :drool:

ALMOST 200# too! I think about $36k or so will put one in your house...no wait maybe it is $46k! More money than I have.

Robin, why do you keep DOING THIS TO ME! You are KILLING ME!!!! :eek:

Question for ALL of you based on the pic of the 9007 MBL Amp!

It shows RCA inputs if you want to go stereo, but only a balanced input for mono use...are there RCA to balanced cables out there? I only have RCA outs on my Rotel 1098 Pre/Pro and would LOVE to get one of these in the next 2 years or so...actually TWO of them...for the Prodigy! YEA BABY! Maybe even Bi-amp the Prodigy w/ the Rotel 1090 running the subs....hmmm....

are there RCA to balanced cables out there?
QUOTE]

Yep, they also make adapters. BAT amps only have xlr inputs but can be used with anything due to the fact that adapters are out there. Bat can make a set for less than $100 but there are many options in that department so it shouldnt be a problem at all.

I was just lucky enough to pick up two just like these up on Agon for a great price. 600watts @4 ohms and class A to 125 watts.

Attachments

• Palladiums.jpg
    Palladiums.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 648
Back