Who likes PANCAKES.?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
For those of you who like pancakes , I made some tonight that a 5 star restaurant would be envious of.

First I whipped up 2 cups of Bisquick, 2 eggs . 1 cup milk. I Added some cinnamon and a little vanilla and a tad bit of Sugar. I whipped up some real whipping cream. (no fake cool whip for dis fat guy ) and crushed some walnuts and cashews and beer nuts.

Now I cooked da pancakes. I stacked 3 on each other and covered each one in REAL maple syrup not any cheap Aunt Jamima junk. Then I covered the top layer with the REAL whipped cream and the freshly crushed nuts . The beer nuts with a tad bit of salt brought out the best in the package with all the sweetness and such.

OH it was Heaven for a fat guy !

Damn 'Cappy' I just ate and your making me hungry ! I guess my pancakes at the Diner in the morning won't compare !

I dont even like pancakes and I want some :)

mmmm, pancakes.... Makes me miss my mothers whole wheat buttermilk pancakes she made when I was a kid. I can make them too, but nowhere near as good as hers. Always light and fluffy, goes great with real New England maple syrup, (grew up there) and strawberries! :drool:

-capT

Best pancakes on the planet are here:

DuPars

Seriously.. if any of you go to LA, make sure you stop and try some. They will change your life!!

Maybe we should swing by your house before 1:00 PM.:D

I purchase small amounts of mix from the local "by the pound" store. I mix 1/2 multi-grain pancake mix and 1/2 waffle mix (w/malt). No need to add egg, however I use orange juice instead of water (try this for French Toast too), add cinnamon and often a little vanilla.

I heat up the pan, and with lots of butter or margarine in the pan I pile up or scatter some crushed pecans (or slivered almonds) and pour the kind of thin batter silver-dollar style over the top and cook the one side, then flip it. The nuts stay crunchy and at the surface of one side this way.

I use the typical syurp, and try to use the low sugar stuff (not artifical). However I like to heat it up in the same pan I cooked the pancakes in. I sometimes add butter, sometimes not, to the hot pan. The syurp bubbles and sizzles (only need a few seconds). If you heat it a little too much or for too long it gets very thick and gummy, like a candy apple.

I pour it over the pancakes without any extra butter. It's awesome that way.

My wife does not like the hot syurp because once it became so thick it was sticking her teeth together.

To each their own.:cool:

Last edited:
Ate a Dupars many times! :p

Jeff:cool:

Hey Jeff,

When Kerry and I drove to SoCal to pick up my reQuests a few years back, all the way down I kept telling him how great the pancakes were at DuPars. He's like, "yeah, whatever".

We get there and I had hyped them up so much I figured he wouldn't be impressed.. WRONG. He was raving about them all the way back home!

The rest of the food there is mediocre, but the pancakes are to die for!

Tom,
There used to be one in Encino too. This is where some of us would "hang" back in the high school days. Still miss the pies too. :D

Jeff:cool:

Maybe we should swing by your house before 1:00 PM.:D

I purchase small amounts of mix from the local "by the pound" store. I mix 1/2 multi-grain pancake mix and 1/2 waffle mix (w/malt). No need to add egg, however I use orange juice instead of water (try this for French Toast too), add cinnamon and often a little vanilla.
You use water for French Toast??? You should be using milk.

I use the typical syurp, and try to use the low sugar stuff (not artifical). However I like to heat it up in the same pan I cooked the pancakes in. I sometimes add butter, sometimes not, to the hot pan.
Try adding some whipping cream too.

You use water for French Toast??? You should be using milk.

Try adding some whipping cream too.

No, I use orange juice instead of water for the pancake mix.

I use orange juice for both making pancakes and French Toast.

I've found milk, even non-fat milk to be too heavy for either.

Adding whipping cream or sour cream to pancake mix makes them to heavy for my taste. I like light and spongy pancakes not dense and creamy.

I have used salted nuts, beer nuts and honey glazed nuts in pancakes the salty & sweet thing is good.

I have also put left over oatmeat (the whole hearty kind) in the pancakes. Do not just put oatmeal flakes in the pancake mix, it will only dry them out, must be cooked already.

Back