Which Integrated or Power Amp should I get for ML Prefaces???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mokus76

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Mokus and I am new to the forums, but a few months ago I purchased the Martin Logan Preface speakers and I am using it for Music listening.
I was considering an Integrated Amp Music Hall a35.2 or Marantz PM 8004.
But I also was thinking of getting a Power Amp which is the Emotiva XPA-2 or the Marantz MM7025
I would like to know what you all think of which solution I should go with.
I was thinking the Music Hall 35.2 would be okay for now and later I could add the Emotiva or Marantz to it because the Music Hall has preouts
Please let me know if this is a good idea.
My budget as you can see is not very high, its around $1000
Thank You and sorry for asking these questions, I just want to do it the right way.

Hi Mokus and welcome.

This type of thread probably appears on a weekly basis so don't expect alot of input.

Best advice, find a comfortable chair and use the search function.

Good luck.

GG

Mokus,
As the Model you have is not an Electrostatic Model, there really is not nearly as much concern about Amplifier choice. The XPA-2 would work fine as would something like the Parasound Halo A23 or the HCA-1000a that it is based off of.

It is a 4 Ohm Rated Speaker, but does not dip to 1 Ohm like almost all of the Electrostatic Models. If you have 1000 Dollars to spend, you might want to consider selling your Prefaces and purchasing an Electrostatic Model or moving the Prefaces to the Surrounds if used in a 5.1 setup.
Cheers,
JJ

If you want to go into 'one who flew over the cuckoos nest' (crazy price land) territory I have heard the Dartzeel sound brilliant with ML.

Back