Which Cruise line?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I was wondering, for a 3-4 day cruise, which do you guys recommend from experience/hearsay?

I was looking at Disney Cruise, Royal Carribean, Carnival?

Also, do you need a passport when you make those layover stops?

Thanks,
Joey

While I love the Disney concept, the premium you pay is just not worth it imo (and it is a pretty substantial premium).

I, too, have always loved Princess (though I don't think they regularly offer cruises of fewer than seven days). In fact, we will be taking our 6th Princess cruise next March.

Disney doesn't do much anything by half measures, but expect to be inundated with kids on board. On another side, Canival is referred to in the business as "Carnivore" and are at the low end of the spectrum. Some cruises are mere booze cruises and geared to the young party crowd. Depending on how much you want to spend, the smaller ships may cater to what you want for short trip. The larger vessels will treat you as cattle upon disembarking at ports. Also check the which country the fleet is registered in, you may not want to be subject to Liberian law while at sea.

Joey, we've been on several cruises and the best advice I can give you is this: check out the SHIP you'll be on. There are websites that grade the ships and crew. The newer the ship, etc. the better.

Have fun!

My teenage kids went with me on the Carnival three day Ensenada cruise out of Long Beach. We had a great time. Check out the different cruise lines and compare.This cruise is definitely a party oriented cruise;) but had a family oriented theme also.

Tom has the right idea, Joey. Check out the ship. Depending on how long you'll be cruising, it will be important. The cruise line's website will be good for this.

My wife and I have been on a number of cruises, and we've really been pleased with Royal Caribbean.

Also, you may already be aware of this, but be sure you take into account the 'Tips' and 'Excursions' when you price the cruise. You'll be expected to tip at the end of the cruise so much per day for your cabin person, table waiter, and head waiter. The excursions are what are available at the various ports of call, and they're extra. These can run, per person, from as little as $25 (e.g., bus tour around town) to as much as $250 (e.g., helicopter over volcano/glacier/etc.).

Just some thoughts.

Who says that selling you stereo doesn't stress you out to the point of needing a cruise????

Back