Where to pick up a pink noise file or disk for breaking in speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z06_Pilot

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I want to mix in some pink noise along with my pipe organ CD to break in my Montis.

I have searched here and found a couple of folks asking where people sourced this from, but I did not see replies.

So, could someone help me out with where you sourced your pink noise file/disk from?

thanks.

Jeff

Create as much pink (and any other noise you require) using Audacity.

It's free / open source / cross-platform.

Seriously though - do you really need to break in your Montis? Why not just listen to music and enjoy them, and enjoy the improvement you'll progressively hear over the next few weeks as they break in without any forceful noise?

I have always thought that when ML says it needs break-in that it is best to do so. The Seterophile track provides noise across the spectrum along with transients.

The question is if you listen to your normal music without break-in does that affect the final result (favoring one sound region over another)?

J

The question is if you listen to your normal music without break-in does that affect the final result (favoring one sound region over another)?

J

Interesting thought.

Not unless you're listening to music that favours one sound region? Surely?

Last edited:
Back