what's your favorite drink

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a good Martini; preferably Tanqueray and Stock at around 3:1, although the perfect conbination has escaped me so far....(any opinions???)

Keeping the Vermouth chilled makes a difference, and the glass should be somewhat cold as well. Quality garnish is a must, you cant use cheap grocery store olives (pearl onions a good second choice).

In a standard tapered Martini glass, the garnish should be skewerd so as to not collect excess flavor at the bottom of the glass. When enjoying this drink in my audio room, however, I prefer to use a regular glass tumbler as it is too easy to make a mess with the tapered one......usually happens after the second or third serving :)

Tj

My favorite

Tank and Tonic. I prefer Rangpur lime with two lime wedges! Yum.

If I had to drink beer, I would prefer Strongbow. Love that dry cider.

ben

I bought a bottle of Lagavulin today, ever tried that?

Of all the Islay types, Lagavulin is my favorite - pretty much like drinking a cup of campfire.

I'm mostly a burbon guy, usually on the rocks, but lately Sandy and I have been into Manhattans.

We're no strangers to beer and wine either. I enjoy the micro-brews, but tend towards Newcastle and Negra Modelo as my daily drinkers.

We just got back from a long weekend in SantaFe, so margarita's were flowing most of the time. We enjoy them the most I believe because we eat so much mexican food in these parts.

Feltran, when you go out for margaritas here in Denver where do you usually go? We like them the best at Benny's, but The Rio makes a decent one as well.

Ya'll to sophisticated round here.
My mid-western, blue collar genes are going to be painfully transparent with this post.

BEER AND TEQUILA is what I mainly drink

TEQUILA
Cuervo 1800 Reposado usually, but latley its been Cuervo 1800 Silver Select, (100 proof). Straight or over ice, no training wheels

BEER
Strictly lagers nothing fancy
Use to be mostly Corona, but I've found a cheaper alternative, Sol Beer.
When I splurge it's San Miguel. NO LIMES
:cheers:

Attachments

• cuervo.JPG
    cuervo.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 77
  • corona.jpg
    corona.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 76
  • sol.jpg
    sol.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 75
  • san.jpg
    san.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 76
I will tell you the Mexicans make some good booze! mix that whith some of their fine burritos and its all good!:food12:

Vodka straight in a cup of Ice.

I like a lot of vodka's, some of my favorites:

Jewel of Russia
Stoli and Stoli Gold
Chopin

Latest posts

Back