What would you do????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am beginning to smell a rat - is there any way of knowing at this stage whether this guy has picked up the transport (which I believe can only be used with the MF DAC) and is trying to pull a swift one. The use of the word gentlemen, bignoting his income and the threat of a lawyer???

I would reiterate that the use of a lawyer would be positively advantageous as potentially some legal advice may get him to calm down and try to pursue the transport from his end.

Kevin

Has this guy even bothered to go down to his local office of the Royal Mail and pitch a fit and try to get some information on where his package is? Does he expect you to do everything from over here while he is doing nothing but complaining at his end? Has he done anything to try to track his package from his end?

Hey, no worries.

My apologies - I'd forgotten just how bad the Royal Mail's systems are, not to mention the lack of meaningful instructions and help on their website.

After searching about a bit, it dawned on me that an offshoot of the Royal Mail, Parcelfarce - sorry, Parcelforce - handles all international recorded delivery parcels. Click on the link and enter the USPS code - hopefully, it'll come good.

This help page should tell you what you need to know.

Fingers crossed for ya.

Neil

Hi Neil,

The information you have given me has been super valuable. I was able to find out this information:

Track & Trace

Parcel tracking details

Progress of the parcel you've enquired about is displayed below.

Parcel number: EC636561511GB

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

28-04-2008 16:00 International Hub Despatched from hub
24-04-2008 04:58 International Hub Left origin country
21-04-2008 11:04 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
26-03-2008 20:11 International Hub
20-03-2008 08:52 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
20-03-2008 08:52 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
20-03-2008 08:19 International Hub Arrived in destination country
15-03-2008 22:20 CAPE ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) Left origin country
12-03-2008 14:36 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

What is so important about this information is it gives me the Parcel number so when I call the UK they can reference it.

Neil - does the information above strike you with any sort of a-ha's?

Thank you so much. Maybe we can get this resolved so everyone is happy.

Thanks!
Dennis

Well with the help of members here at MLO.com the package was found. The package is in the states and 1 of 2 things can happen and I am trying to get the information today.

1. The package will be delivered to my house via USPS daily mail
2. The package will be destroyed by customes

It all hinges on weather I asked for package return or abondened the package when I shipped it. I don't remember being asked the question and neither option is checked on my paperwork.

I calling USPS today and hopefully it shows up in the next couple of days.

The buyer has asked when I do recieve it to ship it to Chicago and all is well.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Still in the States? How ridiculous is that? Did it go over there and then get shipped back here, or did it never make it over?

courier/transport/shipping companies use weird definitions of "located". i recently had a DAC shipped from the states to vancouver and for a few days it was in Richmond BC (canada) waiting for customs clearance and for me to say that i'd accept the broker/duty/tax charges.

when i okayed the payment the package promptly tracked to Spokane WA, and then Redmond WA, and then back in Richmond BC.

the explaination i got required me to take more courses in philosophy of logic and spacial physics.

i'm betting that your package never left the states.

Still in the States? How ridiculous is that? Did it go over there and then get shipped back here, or did it never make it over?

Because the buyer gave me the wrong address it was undeliverable. The UK can only keep the package for 28 days before it needs to be shipped back to the states. The boat carrying the package arrived on May 11th.

This is all I know. No other information is available which is scary.

The UK can only keep the package for 28 days before it needs to be shipped back to the states. The boat carrying the package arrived on May 11th.

This is all I know. No other information is available which is scary.

well travelled boxes. if you ship them again, consider including one of those wireless GPS based tracking devices :)

That's great news. Glad to be of assistance.

I'm really pleased to hear that everything worked out for you (or at least, everyone knows where they stand). At the same time, it sounds like your investigations have taken some of the wind out of the buyer's sails, which has got to be a relief.

AFAIK, DHL, Fed Ex and UPS offer far more comprehensive tracking systems, (considering the prices they charge, so they should) mainly because they have offices that span the globe - so you're only dealing with one service provider. The major drawback with domestic postal services is that they have no control over service continuity beyond national boundries.

But hey, we all know that now. Let's just hope the transitions from this point on are nice 'n' smooth.

Regards

Neil

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Dennis.

If you are is still going to ship overseas. I have used this company to ship to China.

Contour Logistics Inc
2950 Turnpike Dr, Ste 19
Hatboro, PA 19040

T. 215-957-9701
F. 215-957-9702

They ship FedEx. The package will be picked up from your door. It cost $600 to ship 2 100lb crates.
That was half of what I could ship with FedEx using my own corporate account. They were very friendly and willing to assist in any way they could.

On the other side of the coin....

Last December I sold a pre-preamp to a guy in California, and he asked that I ship it via Fedex. As I don't have a broker, Fedex required me to sign up with theirs, at a cost of $25, and sign a statement that I would be responsible for all taxes and brokerage fees, which I was not prepared to do. So the buyer sent me shipping label using his Fedex account. Fedex in Canada would not accept a shipping label from a U.S. account. So I took the parcel to Canada Post. All they charged me for besides shipping was insurance. It got handed to USPS and got delivered on schedule.

Back