What Preamp:Van den hul A-1 Preamp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beakman

Reaction score
would anyone give me their opinion on the Van Den hul A-1 preamp or where to find info on them. I find little information so far, and are going for about 1/2 retail new.
Thanks.

OK, how about the Array A-1 Preamps, same thing.

Sorry, the only thing I know about that brand is that it is famous for a cartridge. Here's a link to a glowing review of the pre and the amp...
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue4/vandenhul.htm

Thanks. I found a few more European sites with reviews, mostly linked to the Array website. This is indeed an Array A-1 preamp made in Holland. The philosopy of the architecture seems to be along the same lines as Spectral, i.e. Ultra wide bandwidth, ultra fast circuitry, and minimalist interference from internal components. Also like the Spectrals, The Array was a derivitive of instrument technology.
Gee, just what I was looking for for my next step up in my system. The reviews and various sellers whom focus more on the music than the hardware seem to have nothing bad to say about these. I sent the seller a check Saturday for the preamp. To bad I can't budget the two matching monoblocks at this time.

p.s.: I could have sworn someones system profile and photos on this site had Array equipment, the owner in either the Netherlands or maybe Belgium.

Back