What I love about vinyl....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture I thought you all would appreciate...This is called the Vyger AtlantisTurntable. Talk about cool. It uses linear tracking. :rocker:

There are several TT's out that have that feature. Very cool! This one is a work of art more than a TT though! Put that in a room w/ my MBL 101e's and some Monoblock MBL's and I'll be GOOD TO GO!

Glad to see you won that Tomita album. Let us know how it sounds.

risabet,

Tomita "The Planets" arrived today! Here is a probably LONG story for you guys...

This is THE ALBUM that made me an audiophile...even though at the time I could not afford anything of audiophile quality.

I was at friends house and he had a nice Technics system. Receiver, turntable the whole bit. He put this album on and it BLEW ME AWAY! That was just about 25 YEARS AGO! I have not heard it since, but it left a MASSIVE impression on me.

Later I heard the REAL Planets by Holst performed of course by a full orchestra (not live, but on CD)...I LOVE IT TOO! Then I heard a rendition of The Planets by a Drum Corps! WOW! Talk about blow you out of your seat! OH MY GAWD!

So, I heard the electronica version of a classical piece and it turned me into an audiophile. Then I hear and enjoy the Classical (original) version of the same piece of music, then get blown out of my wheelchair by that music performed by a Drum Corps and TONIGHT, I get blown away by how the Martin Logan Prodigy and Rotel RSP 1098 (on bypass mode) with Rega Turntable reproduce the electronica version! It was WAY better than I remember and just a SUPER EXPERIENCE! WOW!

Thanks for locating that record for me risabet! YEA!!!

Glad to be of assistance. This is what this hobby is about, connecting with the music. Enjoy!

James,
Glad you found your album. Next time your looking I highly recommend gemm. I have found many there. Here's a link: www.gemm.com

John

I just picked up an SME V on Audiogon at a really nice price. This mates better than the Graham I was using on my SME 10. Now, it's almost impossible to listen to cds. There are many used record stores in NYC. Unfortunately, quality is very variable. Most of my vinyl needs are met on the 'net.

Hi, I just purchased SME 10 with SME V from SME UK. What cartridge r u using? Are you using the damper? What a difference in sound compare to the CD player even I am using Wadia 861. I am using Shelter 501 Mk II with Trigon Advance phono pre-amp with Cary Audio's SLP-05 LINE PREAMP.

Hi, I just purchased SME 10 with SME V from SME UK. What cartridge r u using? Are you using the damper? What a difference in sound compare to the CD player even I am using Wadia 861. I am using Shelter 501 Mk II with Trigon Advance phono pre-amp with Cary Audio's SLP-05 LINE PREAMP.

Before I saw your question, I posted the answer on the other thread to which you replied! Please consult that thread for the answer. One addition: as good as the 501 is, you probably will see more of a difference with a better cartridge. I'm using an Esoteric dv50s and vinyl blows it away.

Back