What HT Processors are users using?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Integra DHC 80.1, it does everything you could possibly want, except 3D. Audessey Room correction is phenomenal. I am running a 7.2 ML speaker system with it. The Integra sounds or rather gets out of the way so your system just sounds great.

If you are interested in getting a used one, with maybe 30 or 40 hours on it, PM me.

80.2 with xt32 is a bit better due to the improved Audyssey resolution. Really good at integrating 2 subs with ml electrostatics

Are you planning to upgrade the unit with the new 3D upgrade that Krell if offering? I have the unit and am wondering if the upgrade is worth it?

I was not aware of any upgrade offerning... What are they charging for that? I personally think that 3D is a gimmick that will not make it in the end... It is now the third time that studios/ mfrs are trying to introduce 3D but until you are able to watch 3D without glasses and obtain a super quality picture, it really does not have much of a chance. It is just too much hassle right now to have to wear those nasty goggles! Also, I tend to get a headache when watching 3D as it can be too much stress on my eyes, and personally do not find anything very exciting about the artificial effects of 3d.
I guess I am saying right now that currently I will not be interested in any 3D upgrade, but who knows what the future holds!

I will throw my 2 cents in and say that you should get a pre/pro that has Audyssey Pro capability. It is worth it whether you pay an installer to do the calibration, or if you buy the kit and do it yourself (with the benefit of being able to do it whenever you want after that).

I am a fan of the Integra. The DTR 80.2 is a killer piece for the money. Feature-wise, it is hard to top. The NAD T175 also looks nice. We have been an NAD dealer for some time, but have really only sold their 2 ch. stuff...which is pretty nice in its own right. We sold a handful of the AV receivers and I was impressed. The T175 pre/pro is built on the MDC concept (Modular Design Construction). They have been upgrading units with new expansion cards for years now. They are releasing their HDMI 1.4a card soon (maybe already). Pull the old 1.3 card out, install the new 1.4 card, do a firmware update (I assume), and you essentially have a current model. Simple operation and setup as well. Not the most feature-laden pre/pro out there, but it sounds good and is upgradeable (both hardware and software).

There was a very interesting NY times article today which will surely regenerate intrerest in audyssey
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/06/science/06sound.html

What have been peoples experiences with "wide" and "high" using an Integra processor, and ML speakers? FYI - Ive also posted the same question in the avs Integra thread.

There are of course many that just believe more speakers crowd and complicate a room and create more noise. I have generally been in that camp. But I am also intrigued to experiment with it! I dont have a dedicated HT room in the basement but my new home will have a dedicated "media room" for movie watching and playing pool, unlike previously where HT was in the family room. So much has changed since I started this thread but not the itch and the indecision to upgrade my trusted Parasound C2...

I have Martin Logan Summits and MBL 111s - so expanding to 11 speakers that frequency match either ML or MBL will be a very, ahem, expensive experiment!

Has anyone been "blown away" by adding high or wide speakers with the Integra?

Think D2v my friend...D2v meets your needs. You can talk to a dealer and get more reasonable price.

Many moons have passed since I started the thread. I have moved to a new house which we love and will now be creating a dedicated HT in it. that's partly the reason for the radio silence these few months. And I still haven't bought a new processor! Have created a second system for 2 ch listening but will now create a dedicated ht room with the summits.

Thanks everyone for your help and comments here. I am down to the classe, the D2v or the dhc 80.3

Buying the d2v seems like a no brainer especially since the classe doesn't appear to have very good room correction. It appears that the Logans will be better off with room correction from ARC than the parametric equalization from a classe. That should compensate for any slightly better sound clarity from the classe

However, i am really curious if anyone has experimented with the 9.2 setup. On the one hand it might be gimmicky and actually noisy and useless. On the other hand the above article has got me intrigued. Imagine 9 electrostats into two high up on the front wall pointing down at 45 degrees, and 2 well integrated f212 Jl audio subs! Sounds pretty cool to me if the sound doesn't become impossible to mix well which hopefully the dhc 80.3 can do. Has anyone tried this?

The disadvantage is that the dhc might be a step down from the classe and the d2v in terms of 2 ch sound and perhaps even from my current para sound halo c2. I suppose I could get a 2 ch preamp with HT pass thru but would that allow me to use the 2 subs that I will be adding? I want to be able to listen to 2ch sound with or without subs. What would allow me to do that?

Congrats on the new home and dedicated HT room. Jealous!

Earlier in this thread, I supported the Integra. And for the $$$, it is still hard to beat feature-wise. I also mentioned the NAD T175 which is still a fantastic unit. But after a recent experience, I can easily recommend the Anthem D2V as well.

We did a complete update on a high end theater recently. We replaced his aging projector with a Runco Q750i (amazing proj BTW), replaced his Krell HTS with the D2V, and added Blu-ray and an AppleTV to the mix and rewired the system with HDMI cabling where necessary.

The client immediately noticed a difference in the sound of the system with the D2v vs. the HTS. And he was impressed. Also, the configuration options Anthem gives you are virtually endless. ARC works very well. And the video adjustments are also very very useful. All in all, I think this is the most configurable pre/pro out there.

If I were building a dedicated HT, I would be tempted to use the D2V and a rack full of the new Anthem M1 amplifiers. :drool:

Back