What are your thoughts on this Levinson 333 amp?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?ampstran&1175006478

Check it out and give me some feedback.. Obviously I know about the Levinson quality and reputation, but can anyone tell me if they mate well with Logans and if you have specific experience with this model (333) your thoughts are appreciated.

I wouldn't be able to audition this amp, so that is a definite concern.

Thanks!

I heard that amp with the Quest spkrs at Ovation near Willow Grove Pa., a few ( too many) years ago. I thought that the 333's grabbed the panels and drove them! My thoughts, as I recall them at the time, were of precision and seemless ntegration between the panels and the cones. The sound stage was huge. I've been toying with the idea of picking up a ML amp, but am looking more for the 335 or 334. They are the later models in the line and have a lot less power, but if you can use an amp that doubles output for havling the ohms, you will tame those panels.

Joe

The ML has a lots of things in common with my wife. Same weight to start with, no handles to move it, can go quite loud with no apparent effort and I'll stop here :haha1:

DUDE! You better hope your wife is not reading this forum, or she is going to take you out back and kick your A$$!! LOL! :haha1:

DUDE! You better hope your wife is not reading this forum, or she is going to take you out back and kick your A$$!! LOL! :haha1:

At least he will be able to look at pretty mountains (landscape) and get to grill some ribs later...

At least he will be able to look at pretty mountains (landscape) and get to grill some ribs later...

Yea, I love those shots! They always make me hungry and wish I lived in Colorodo or northern New Mexico!

Tom,

I would see if you can find a 334-335 amp. The 333 series are good but the 334-335-335 are better sonically. That's good that the capacitors were replaced as the amps had problems with leakage and failures due to bad supplies from the vendor. If you are really serious about a new amp e-mail me or pm me I may be selling my 335 and I'm in California.;)

Tom,

I would see if you can find a 334-335 amp. The 333 series are good but the 334-335-335 are better sonically. That's good that the capacitors were replaced as the amps had problems with leakage and failures due to bad supplies from the vendor. If you are really serious about a new amp e-mail me or pm me I may be selling my 335 and I'm in California.;)

Thanks for the info! This particular 333 just got serviced from Madrigal and had all the caps replaced.

I'll send you a PM re your 335

Tom.

Back