What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santana!

Screenshot_20230725-003438_LUMIN.jpg

Hi Robert,

Talking about Santana, it was at my High school years when I heard Santana 3 for the first time and even today it is purest Santana work for me. Huge fan of Santana and his mastery.

Cheers.
Zoran

I know this is one of my very first post. But I wanted to participate because of my love for music. Especially latin music going back to the 60's, 70's & 80's. Here are just a few that I'm listening to right today...

Typical of my music collection, a LOT of older rock & blues. Not my 45. :)

Attachments

• REO.jpg
    REO.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
Typical of my music collection, a LOT of older rock & blues. Not my 45. :)
Interesting. What's the "demonstration not for sale" mean practically? Was that used to play in a music store maybe? I kinda miss going into the music store and buying a record. Anyone know?

Interesting. What's the "demonstration not for sale" mean practically? Was that used to play in a music store maybe? I kinda miss going into the music store and buying a record. Anyone know?
Radio stations use to receive 45s and LPs back in the vinyl days. We use to have many of them, and they were usually of a heavier vinyl.

View attachment 24485I’m definitely rediscovering Phil, the quality of his recordings is very good!
Yeah, he has some high quality recordings! I really like how he recorded his drums too. I looked it up once, he used a special method for the drums but I cant remember what its called or what exactly it was, but it gives the drums a distinct sound. Some people dont like it, but I really do.

I am listening to my favorite Rachmaninov pieces from this fantastic recording by Lang Lang.
I know these compositions by heart, as my dad practiced for hours daily before his concerts. This recording is the best version I’ve ever heard. Recommended.

Monoliths are perfect for piano, it sounds like the instrument is in the room.

LangLangCD.jpg

Although I have plenty of CDs, I kept most of my LPs and even cassette tapes. When my nearly 40 year old Denon TT gave out a few months ago, I bought a Technics SL-1210GR and decided to dive back into vinyl. Classic jazz from the 50s and 60s: Coleman Hawkins, Miles Davis, Ben Webster, to name just a few, and plenty of other great musicians like them.

Back