What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hateful Eight, vinyl.

tmr364_thehateful8_standardlp_frontcover_700.jpg

Pat Methany Group, "Missouri, June 1979". BB Presents. This is one of two "bootleg" albums I picked up at Half Priced Books. There is no cover, just a thick plastic sleeve, which the record slides into. The vinyl is clear (no color) and the recording is decent, but not an "audiophile" recording. It's a live album and the group really lets go and seem to be having a lot of fun. Sound staging seems to vary a bit, but the music is there and good. I think I gave $9 for each album. On the plastic sleeve there is what appears to be Russian or Greek writing and it says it is licensed by Alfa/RVI, Tokyo - limited edition 500 copies. I read on one site that this is a bootleg of a Warner Brothers promotional LP and was recorded at the Blue Note, NYC. Anyway, fun album.

Natalie Merchant Paradise is There: The New Tigerlilly Recordings LP. Twenty years after the release of her first solo album, Merchant revisits Tigerlilly in a new set of recordings with a more mature vocal style and new arrangements that serve the music well. The recording is nicely done, the pressings by Masterdisc are heavy, 180g?, flat and silent. Highly recommended if you like the original.

Tiger.jpg

Back