What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My entire Emerson, Lake and Palmer Lp collection, R.I.P. Keith, thank you for blowing my mind so many, many times!!

Chris Jones and Steve Baker, "Smoke And Noise". Redbook.

Did not know about his albums with Steve Baker so thanks for the tip. Downloaded "Smoke & Noise" which is really good. Apparently "Gotta Look Up" was his last album with Baker before dying (way before his time) from cancer. Anybody have any listening experience with "Slow Roll" or "Everybody's Cryin Mercy" albums?

Love Jone's "Roadhouse & Automobiles" album particularly "No Sanctuary" track. Very well recorded even if a tad bass heavy.

Did not know about his albums with Steve Baker so thanks for the tip. Downloaded "Smoke & Noise" which is really good. Apparently "Gotta Look Up" was his last album with Baker before dying (way before his time) from cancer. Anybody have any listening experience with "Slow Roll" or "Everybody's Cryin Mercy" albums?

Love Jone's "Roadhouse & Automobiles" album particularly "No Sanctuary" track. Very well recorded even if a tad bass heavy.

I have only heard Roadhouse & Automobiles and Smoke And Noise, so can't really comment on any others. Something tells me they're probably pretty darn good, though.

I have only heard Roadhouse & Automobiles and Smoke And Noise, so can't really comment on any others. Something tells me they're probably pretty darn good, though.

You can listen to much of his other releases on YouTube posted by "Believe SAS" if you search on "#chrisjones". I have downloaded some of the tracks and they have very respectable Dynamic Range values. While I like Jone's solo work, Steve Baker's harmonica is a nice accompaniment. He also did releases with other artists...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jones_(singer-songwriter)

"Hell Or High Water" with SaraK is really quite good if you like her material.

You can listen to much of his other releases on YouTube posted by "Believe SAS" if you search on "#chrisjones". I have downloaded some of the tracks and they have very respectable Dynamic Range values. While I like Jone's solo work, Steve Baker's harmonica is a nice accompaniment. He also did releases with other artists...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Jones_(singer-songwriter)

"Hell Or High Water" with SaraK is really quite good if you like her material.

Thanks for the info!

Just got back from a 100 mile bike (MC) ride and am enjoying the air conditioning and a nice cold beverage. Now, listening to The New York Rock and Soul Revue: Live at the Beacon. Redbook.

Back