We've got em! The Beatles Box sets are here...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Well, we've been biting our nails for a month, but the box arrived on Monday and here's Bob Gendron's review:

http://www.tonepublications.com

Mid way down the home page.

I'm sure we'll have many conflicting opinions, but I agree with Bob on the overall, EXCELLENT sound quality. Still comparing to a few mint originals, which will be covered when our issue goes live at the end of the month.

Let the discussion begin (again)

Attachments

• beat.jpg
    beat.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 391
So Jeff, mono or stereo? Which one should I invest in given that I can only get one?

I say if you can only get one set, go for the monos, they are pretty cool!

There's so much depth in the recordings, especially on ML's, they actually sound like stereo, it's weird!!!

There's so much depth in the recordings, especially on ML's, they actually sound like stereo, it's weird!!!

Cherian,

If you want the Mono version, better place your order now.
The Mono version is selling out quickly.

mono order placed. 13 days and counting.

I have a Dylan and a doors lp in mono and is sounds awesome almost stereo but with a different firmness to it that stereo does not have. it's to bad I am a little sick of the Beatles

Last edited:
Sold out in most location. I got mine from Elusivedisk.com for $299.00. Prices are going up. I should not have waited.

For those of you looking for mono box sets, my good friend Terry at Music Millennium here in Portland still has 22 of his allocated 50 unspoken for.

Said they would be happy to sell you guys a box at normal retail price if you are interested.

Their main number is 503-231-8926 ask for the front counter and they will help you out... Best of luck on those that are still trying to find one.

Price

For those of you looking for mono box sets, my good friend Terry at Music Millennium here in Portland still has 22 of his allocated 50 unspoken for.

Said they would be happy to sell you guys a box at normal retail price if you are interested.

Their main number is 503-231-8926 ask for the front counter and they will help you out... Best of luck on those that are still trying to find one.

What was the original price? 269.00?

The original price for the mono was $239.99 and 207.99 for the stereo.

Thanks for the tip, Jeff!

By the way, I was able to order from them online this morning. You might want to do that, too, if you're eager to get the mono set. I've looked around a bit, and these really are selling out quickly. Just wish I had been smart enough to order mine when the price was $30 lower!

Last edited:
Thats a great set too, just different sounding!

There's been over 250,000 views on Steve Hoffmans site. They love to argue about Beatles minutiae!

Got my Stereo for $175 and mono for $200. Bought two of each...one for use and one to be left sealed.

Wow, I'd buy two sets for that price, as well. Where is this???

this is cool - I can't wait till 9/9 ... I don't intend to buy the whole box....But, my 16 year old son is now listeningto Beatles music. He has been in multiple hard-core metal bands....(he plays guitar) - and plans to go to a school in Boston called Berklee - a contemporary music school.... He is stoked about the new releases as well - we are going out that day to grab some of them....what fun....and now my 22 year old daughter who has never listened to them is doing so - and thinks they are 'great'..... who'd have thought I had the 'bee's knees' at the age of 8???? But, then again... I did know.... this is cool....

Gotta tell you though, the monos are really special....

I'd consider buying a set and if you don't love em, you'll easily be able to resell..

Back